Chapter 1: One Fateful Night

***Alright so I don't own any of these characters except Ayden. Hope you enjoy. I'm not afraid of constructive criticism (This chapter has been revised)***

***Tony P.O.V***

"Ayden.... Where are you??" I call, walking down the hallway. She had run off after I told her it was bedtime. She loved to stay up with me down in the workshop. 'Now, that is one habit that I probably shouldn't encourage,' I chuckled quietly. 'Always getting in the way. She is just a little hazard in the workshop, really.' I shake my head and smile as I hear a soft giggle coming from the lounge. 'She has my drive to create and is already picking up my bad habit of staying up late down there. Really shouldn't encourage that. She needs to get her proper rest after all.'

"It's bedtime, Angel. Time to drift off into the land of dreams or something," I call out as I get closer to the door. Another giggle drifts out before a tiny pitter-patter of feet. 'It's amazing how much energy a three-year-old can have.' Chuckling, I stroll into the room and look around. I couldn't see her, but I knew her favourite hiding places. 

"Hmmm, I wonder where she is," I smile as a soft giggle fills the room again. Dropping to a crouch, I'm met with two little hazel eyes  and a mop full of dark hair hiding under the couch. She squeals with laughter and covers her face with her hands. Her eyes peered through her fingers as they danced with mirth.

"There she is," I exclaimed, smiling,  reaching out a hand to her. She wrapped her tiny hands around mine, and I pulled her out, causing even more peals of laughter to fill the room. Letting her go, I watch as she flips herself onto her back to stare up at me. I couldn't help my smile down at her as she reached up towards me.

"You, little monkey, need to be heading to bed," I say, making her shake her head.

"No!" She grins," No bed! Stay with Papa."

'Be still my beating heart,' I thought to myself. 'She really does have me wrapped around her little finger.' Giving myself a mental shake, 'No. She needs sleep. I can enjoy her delightful little person tomorrow.'

"But Papa needs sleep too, but he has to finish the project first. And don't think I didn't see those little yawns coming from you. I saw them, little miss."

A pout drops her lip, which quickly disappears as my fingers find her ribs. Squeals echo around the room once again. Wriggling, she flips herself onto her stomach before trying to get to her feet. Stopping my tickle attack, I watch as she slowly gets to her feet. 'I hope she doesn't try to run again. I don't have the energy for that.' 

"Papa," she squeals and leaps at me. Quickly, I catch her and stand up. Laughing at her, I drop a kiss to her wild curls.

"Bedtime for you, munchkin," I chuckle, earning a pout and a yawn.Rearranging her slightly, I walk out of the lounge and towards her room. As I walked, her little arms wrapped around my neck as her head rested on my shoulder.

"Love you, Papa," she whispers into my shoulder.

Blinking back tears at the sudden affection, I press another kiss to her head. "Not as much as I love you, Angel."

She shakes her head in disagreement, making me laugh. "I love you way more, but I know you love me lots too, Angel." Making my way to her room, I push open the door and walk over to her bed. I throw her onto it gently, making a big smile and giggles erupt from her.

Pulling the covers back, I help Ayden as she squirms under them. 

"Jarvis, if you could," I ask my A.I as I tuck in my little girl.