Chapter 7: Just Tinkering

***I'm having quite a lot of fun with this story now that I have time to write. Christmas Holidays are quite busy for me with visiting family and friends. Anyway here is the next chapter!! Hope you like it***

(Alexis's P.O.V)

Slowly sleep loses its hold on me as I feel myself returning to the world of the living. There was something big and soft on me. It felt like I was on a cloud. Rolling over onto my back, I hear a rustling sound...like sheets. This confuses me since I was rarely allowed to have sheets at home. Finally, I open my bleary eyes and sit up, yawning. Rubbing my eyes in an attempt to take the sleepiness away, I blink several times before my eyes are clear to see. I gasp. I was in a huge bed. In a huge, fancy room. In a place, I can't remember. Turning my head wildly, trying to make some sort of sense of it all, I finally remember Pepper and the Avengers.

 "Wow," I giggle softly as I stare around the room. Fighting the sheets, I escape from them and stand up in the middle of the bed. Looking down at myself, I see that I'm wearing a huge black shirt that goes down to my knees. Someone had obviously come in and changed me when I was sleeping. I hope it was one of the girls.

I pull the shirt up and see that I do have light pink shorts on. They are a bit big but thankfully they have laces so I quickly tie them. I tuck the front of the shirt in so I can run and walk comfortably. Looking up, I scan the room. Everything in the room looked really expensive and the main colour scheme was my four favourite colours. Blue, black, silver and gold. The walls were too white I thought, wrinkling my nose. Giggling, I jump off the bed and land on the soft, white carpet that my feet immediately sink in to.

"This is amazing," I laugh as I start spinning around my room. I near the windows and look out. I was so high up. "I can't believe I am here," I whisper as I place a hand on the glass window pane. "How is this real?" I wonder aloud. 

Turning away from the window, I look towards the door and skip over to it.  As I near the door, I stop and stare at it. Should I go out there?, I wonder. My curiosity won along with my desire to see more. To explore and find all the secrets of this tower.  

Mother always said I was an extremely curious child. Always wanting to find out why and how something worked or what was down that road or that hall.  We had quite a few adventures due to that.

Reaching for the door handle, I open the door slowly. I peak my head out and check if anyone was in the hall, but thankfully no one was. Creeping out, I scamper down to the elevator. Only the soft padding of my feet accompanied me down the hall. Pressing the button for the elevator, I wait impatiently for it to reach my floor. As soon as the doors open, I jump in and look at all the buttons. Deciding the roof would be a good place to start I press it and laugh as I shoot up. I'd never been this high before so I wanted to see the view. I frown as I think about the Avengers. I hope that they won't be angry when they see that I'm not in my room. 

As I feel the elevator slow down, I start to bounce with excitement. The moment that the doors open, I run out on to the roof balcony. The smooth gravel underfoot crunches with every step I take. Looking up at the sky, I spin around as I breathe in the air. Prancing over to the railing surrounding the roof, I laugh as I look out on the city. I felt like I was on top of the world. I look around the rooftop, checking if anyone was around, before leaning over the edge to look at the people below. There were millions of people and cars. Everyone looked to be in rush. Always needing to be somewhere other than the place that they were. Never having enough time to stop and enjoy the moment. 

"They look like ants," I whisper softly to myself. A warm breeze flows through my messy hair. I stand up as tall as I could on the edge and lean against the railing, spreading my arms out. The breeze starts getting stronger whipping my hair out behind me.