Chapter 39: A New Trick or Two

***HAPPY NEW YEAR! ENJOY!! ***

***Tony's POV***

"Papa!" Alexis's cry echoed around the room. That single word shook my entire world in that brief moment. I never thought that I would hear that word again. Shaking my head, I blink back my tears and focus back on the moment.

"I'm here, Alexis," I sooth as I stand up. "Papa's here. I need you to tell me where you are." Under my breath, I whisper, "Jarvis. Trace the call."

I look around the room at the others who are staring at me with a mix of shock and panic. How is Ayden on the phone? Did she escape? How does she know that I'm her papa? All these thoughts were racing through my head as I waited for her reply.

"I don't- I don't know-I don't know. My-" She was cut off by a scream as we heard a scuffle of sound from the call. "Please!" her muffled plea came through the speakers, followed by a cry of pain. Then silence.

"Who's there?" I called out. A dark chuckle echoed down the line, causing everyone to tense in their seats.

"Who is this?" I ask again, my tone darkening. I gesture for everyone to remain quiet. They should think it's just me here, just if Jarvis gets a location, then I can keep him busy.

"Tony Stark. What an honour. The Merchant of Death himself," I grit my teeth at the name. That is something that I left behind. "Or rather now, I suppose it's Iron Man."

"Cut to the chase already. Who are you?" I spit out.

"My name is of little consequence at this point, but the organisation that I am working with may hold some interest to you. It's a bit of an old organisation, but perhaps the name Hydra will ring some bells?" The moment the name was said, everyone tensed up. I look over at Steve and Bucky. Steve's demeanour had turned thunderous while Bucky had turned pale.

"Why does Hydra have any interest in a little girl like Ay-Alexis?" I ask, desperate to know what was happening. "What do you want with her?"

"Ah well, I suppose that you don't know who this little brat really is," He laughed. "I know exactly who she is," I growl. "And that is why you made a big mistake taking her from me."

"Oh," He sounded surprised. "Well, now I suppose that's more beneficial to me. Saves me from having to explain it all again. I just had to explain it all to your stupid daughter. She didn't even know, and yet you do?" I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Were you ashamed of her? Did you not tell her because you didn't want to have to claim such a stupid b*tch as yours?

"NO! You know nothing, you piece of shit. Ayden, Alexis, She is mine, and I am proud of that girl. You can spew your lies, but she will never believe anything you say. She is perfect, and that will never change. Now stop this and tell me. What the f*ck do you want? You wouldn't call without reason."

"Very well. I suppose I need to end this call so you can stop trying to trace it. If you want your precious little girl, then you have to hand yourself over to us. We want you, Tony Stark. You give us what we want, and you get your little girl."

I see the others all look at me in horror. I see Steve go to say something, but I cut him off with a sharp movement of my hand.

"Where?" I ask, putting a hand up as Nat rises to her feet. "I'm not letting her go," I whisper to the others. They all nodded their heads in understanding, but I could see the fury in their eyes.

"I'll send through the location of the meeting place two hours before the exchange. Don't worry, it will be from an untraceable number, so don't bother with that. The exchange will take place tomorrow midday," the man said. "I'll see you then with the girl. And no tricks. Only you and two others can come to the location. Any more, and I keep the girl. You took our beloved Winter Soldier from us, after all. We could always use another." I could hear the pure evil lacing his tone.