Chapter 40: I Promised

***Well. I am not dead. Enjoy!***

***Tony P.O.V***

It was Jarvis that broke the tense atmosphere. "Sir. I have just received the location for the exchange. Shall I put it on screen?"

"Go for it, J."

It has been several hours since the phone call. However, we didn't spend it idle. 'There are certain benefits to having ex-soldiers, assassins and Norse Gods on your side,; I smirk. We had multiple different plans for multiple locations. 'I am getting my daughter back', I grit my teeth as the memory of her on-screen flashes across my mind. 'Tears streaming down her darkening cheek as she stared into the camera. Her eyes wide with fear.' We had watched the clip again and Natasha picked up on something that tore everyone's hearts. As Ayden was being filmed, she mouthed a single word. "Please."

'That bastard is going to pay for everything that he has done. I will bury him so deep in the ground that his ghost won't be able to find his body. Not that there will be much to find once I'm through with him.' Looking up, I see the determination and hate in everyone's eyes as they focus on the screen.

Steve was in full captain mode. His face clear of all emotion, unless you knew him. His eyes were filled with an icy fury so cold that put the ice he was frozen in to shame. 

Bruce was pacing slightly, having to keep on the move. His hands kept moving, taking his glasses off and on. Crossing and uncrossing his arms.'Well, at least he hasn't turned green yet.'

Loki and Thor were stading next to each other. Thor had his hammer with him, placed on the table. His arms folded as he was listening intently to Steve. Asking questions and giving suggestions. His outward appearance calm and focused. 'Well I suppose that hundereds of years of battle will do that to a guy.'

Glancing at Loki, I see him playing with a blade between his fingertips. A small flash of green and it was gone. Another flash and it reappears. Despite the distraction that he was giving himself, he was just as focused as Thor. Listening to everything that was going on. 'Suppose that makes sense. Thor will be King one day and I guess that makes Loki the Royal Advisor or Kinds Right Hand Man or something.' Watching Loki for a moment more, our eyes met. He smirked in my direction. A sinister smile on his lips as his eyes flashed. For a brief moment, he reminded me of New York.

Shaking my head I look around and notice that Loki wasn't the only one spinning blades. Natasha had one in her hand as she sat next to the table with Clint. Spinning it around her fingers, she stared at it. Her mind faraway from here. 'But I bet anything that she will still remember everything that is said.' Her eyes gave her away. They held a promise of death to anyone that got in her way.

Clint wasn't any better than Natasha. He was twisting one of his arrows in his hands. Eyes flitting from one person to the next. Clint glanced at me for a moment before turning away. A simmering, burning anger in his eyes.

'Wait a minute. Where the hell is Barnes?' Glancing around, I spot him in the corner of the room, seated in a chair. His body covered in shadow as he sat perfectly still, leaning back in the chair. I could almost feel the boiling rage inside him. His eyes were black. A storm of emotions flickered in his eyes. 'Rage is too kind a word for what's inside of him.'

"Alright. Is everyone clear on the plan?" I hear Steve ask as pulling me from my thoughts. Shaking my head slightly, I look up at the screen.

"You okay there, Tony?" Natasha asks, drawing my attention to her. She was staring at me with a furrowed brow.