Chapter 23: Loki's Story

*** I am still alive!!! Just remember that I do not own anything in the MCU. Enjoy!!!***

Alexis's P.O.V

"So, you tried to take over the world because Thanos was threatening you?" I ask, trying looking back at Loki.

"Quit moving your head," Loki huffs, as he places his hand on my head and physically turning me.

"Sorry," I mumble, staring straight ahead as I feel Loki's careful fingers keep twisting my hair. I relax as time goes on. It has been 5 hours since the Avengers had left Loki and me alone in the tower. In that time, Loki and I had discovered the swimming pool and then had gone back to watch Mulan in the movie room.

Currently, Loki and I were in the library, in front of the warm toasty fire. Loki was sitting in an armchair while I was sitting on a footstool in front of him as he braided my hair.

"And yes. Once I fell off the rainbow bridge, I fell for what seemed like an eternity until I landed on what seemed like an uninhabited planet. I crashed landed so I obviously wasn't in top physical or mental condition. Thanos's lackeys found me and brought me to him. He knew who I was and knew I was useful. I knew this too, so I had to comply with what he wanted. I tried to stave off the attack for as long as I could without letting Thanos doubt my allegiance to him." Loki said

"Oh," I mouth silently. "Why weren't you in the best mental condition?"I ask.

"I had just fallen through the abyss. And before I fell, I had found out that everything I thought to be true wasn't." There was an edge in his voice that made me hold back my questions about what he meant. We sat in silence for a while.

As Loki braided my hair, I noticed how competent he was at it.

"Where did you learn to do this?" I ask as I watch the flames dance along the wood.

"When I was younger, I spent a lot of time with my mother, and she always had such intricate hairstyles." I can hear the smile in his voice as he continues on. "With myself being the curious being that I was, I was intrigued about how her hair became to look like that, so I would sit and watch as her handmaidens would weave these patterns and eventually I would occasionally braid her hair instead."

"What was your mother like?" I whisper.

I feel his fingers freeze for a moment before slowly continuing on. Taking a deep breath in, he says," My mother is gentle, beautiful, kind, intelligent and one of the strongest people I know. She is taught me how to use my seidr-"

"What's seidr?" I interrupt.

"Seidr is basically magic," He replies.

"Oh," I mutter as I wait for him to continue.

Now, Mother taught me how to use my Seidr. Well, she tried to explain it to Thor as well, but he didn't grasp it like I did. He was more focused on his combat training anyway, whereas I was the one always wanting to know more." A huff of laughter escaped him. "I was quite the inquisitive child as Mother likes to tell me."

I giggle as I imagine a little Loki running around a giant golden palace.

"Mother and I are quite close thanks to all the training that she gave me. I can only hope to be as great as her one day."

Silence encompasses us as Loki finishes my braid. The crackling fire was the only thing that interrupted the companionable silence. Loki's story of his mother brought forth memories of my own mother. I remember how her hair could never be tamed. It was always full of life and wild. The red vibrancy of her hair always made her stand out. It was full of life until the hospital. In the hospital, it dulled, and she became as pale as the sheets she lay on.