Chapter 8: Bonding

***sorry about not updating in a while. I've been at my cousin's with no internet. Anyways here is the next chapter***

(Alexis's P.O.V)

I laugh at Steve as he stares at me.

"What?" I giggle.

"What are you doing?" He asks, laughter lacing his voice.

"Having fun," I grin. Steve and I were currently in the lounge and I had decided that it would be fun to flip myself upside down on one of the couches.
Finally, I decided that there was too much blood going to my head so I twist myself so I fall onto the rest of the couch sideways. 

"Ouch," I mumble as a dull pain pulses in my side. I see Steve watching me. Concern in his eyes. "I'm fine," I giggle as I sit up and look at Steve, who shakes his head at me but smiles. 

Steve and I had come to the lounge after we had eaten. J.A.R.V.I.S said the others were notified and would join us shortly. I wasn't too sure what would happen but Steve had assured me that no one was mad. They were only worried. I couldn't help but slightly doubt Steve though. I mean I had only just met them so they couldn't be worried about me. I wasn't anything special after all.

"There you are, shortcake," I hear someone say. I jump and whip my head around. Tony was walking towards us. "I thought you had run off or something," He continued. I shake my head and then Steve spoke up.

"She was on the 15th floor in one of the spare rooms," Steve said.

"I was just mucking around in one of the rooms," I say quietly as Tony sat on the other end of the couch I was on.

"What room?" He asks curiously.

"One with engine parts in it."

"Engine parts?"

"You know...the bits and pieces that create the thing that moves a car," I answer, causing Steve to snort and cover his mouth in an attempt to hide his amusement.

"I never knew I had a room like that," Tony muses.

Steve  joins the conversation and asks me, "What were you doing in there anyway?"

"I was just messing around."

"Did you make anything?" Tony asks.

"Not really. Only got halfway through making a PW50 motor before I got hungry." I shrug, looking at the ground, missing the surprise on Tony's face.

"Can you show me?" Tony asks.

I nod and stand up. Steve and Tony follow me to the elevator. I stand right in the corner of the elevator and wait. As much as I like Tony and Steve, I'm still scared of being in a small enclosed space with them. Tony presses the floor button and we head down. I grip the railing as we go down. Tony looks at me out of the corner of his eye curiously but doesn't say anything. Steve just leans against the side of the elevator, folds his arms and stares at the ground. A silence surrounds us as we descend.

The elevator stops and the door opens. Quickly, I walk out and down the hall. The footsteps behind me inform me that the two men are following. I look at the doors and quickly remember where it was. Glancing behind me, I see the two men watching me so I quickly look forward again. Finding my door, I speed over to it and place my hand on the handle. Taking a breath, I open the door and walk in.

"Would you like the lights on, Miss?" JARVIS asks causing me to jump. I'm going to have to get used to him doing that.

"Please, J.A.R.V.I.S," I answer. The room is then bathed in light. I smile and thank J.A.R.V.I.S.