A Hag in a Hard Place [7]

Everyone's eyes widened in confusion as this old woman spoke with a sweet yet expective tone,

''Oh, there you are! You're right in time for some tea!''.

''I'm sorry... What?'' Yashin said in pure confusion. ''Ma'am? Were you expecting us?'' Linette spoke up, trying to get some questions answered. ''Wahah, That's a funny one, my dear! Come, Come on inside!'' The old lady gestures for the squad to follow her. It wasn't far, just inside one of the broken buildings was a small hut that looked handmade. ''You want us to go in... there? But it's so small...'' Pico questions, noticing the teepee-sized hut. ''Don't be silly! Come on in!'' The old lady replies as they all go in. 

They thought it was going to be a tight squeeze but what looked like a teapot on the outside, was more like a whole mansion on the inside. There were dark purple walls from each side, a multitude of shelves and more books and bottles and random, weird ingredients than any planet-long shelf could hold. 

''Oh, Now where did I put those Bone Taikki's...'' The lady murmured to herself, searching for something. ''What's a Bone Taikki?'' Jiyu asked, confused. ''It's a rare ingredient that can be smashed and put into a lot of different sweets and hot drinks. It's most common for doughnuts and tea. Usually, they're found in caves though...'' Linette explained. Of course, being a princess that'll rule Crystopia one day, she'll need to know these things.

''Well, Our name's are Yashin, Jiyu, Pico and Linette. Who might you be, ma'am...?'' Yashin shyly asks. ''Oh! That's right, my name... You can call me Grandma Majo! I live out here to collect things for my potions, medicines and recipes to sell in the streets of Crystopia every few days!'' Majo explained, ceasing her search for Bone Taikki. ''Looks like we'll have to get some more! Come on! An adventure awaits!'' Majo explained, grabbing her staff-like walking stick and then gesturing to Linette to grab the straw basket by the door. ''Go where? What adventure?'' Pico is the one to ask as everyone else listens for the answer. ''To the cave I go to get my Bone Taikki of course! Don't be slowpokes, now, Come on!'' Majo rushes out of the door. As old as she may be, she's one hell of a fast walker.

After a short walk and a long line of questions n' answers, They arrive at a rocky cave entrance with specs of pink, purple, blue, green and white sticking out of the cracks. As they enter, Majo says to the squad, ''Collect all the Bone Taikki you find and put it in this basket!'' She grabs the basket that Linette was holding and hooks it on a conveniently shaped ledge.
After a few minutes of scattering and collecting, Majo declares that's a good amount of Bone Taikki for a while and says, ''Thank you for your help! Now then, While I go and make some more items for my inventory, You can answer some of my questions and get comfy with some nice hot, fresh tea!''. The group feels a good vibe from Majo, so they decide to listen to her and go back to her hut.

''Well then, Why were you lurking around these old ruins?'' Majo's first question forms as she starts to mix some random herbs and other various ingredients. ''Well, we heard there might've been some old, untouched documents about something we need to find.'' Yashin answers. ''Well, that'll be hard. Just the other day, there was a group of hoarders led by a girl with messy dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes. I think she was wearing goggles? Ah, Honeyswamp, Who cares about that anyway. I'm afraid you won't find anything here.'' Majo explained, trying not to disappoint the group. ''Seriously?! All this way, listening to a stupid book and it lied! There's nothing here but ruins and a sweet old lady with her hut.'' Jiyu crossed her arms and sat down in annoyance as Majo turned to her and said, ''Well thank you for the compliment, Jiyu. But don't be too disappointed, I have an old friend who might know a little thing or two.'' In a failed attempt to reassure Jiyu's annoyance, Majo sighs and turns back to her pot and starts to add some of the Bone Taikki.

After a few silent minutes, Majo popped her next question. ''Well, Now you know the thing you came here for isn't here, What will you do now?''. Linette speaks up, answering for the exhausted Yashin, annoyed Jiyu and the distracted Pico, ''We'll probably go back to Crystopia and turn in for the night.'' Linette sighs to herself and looks down as she sort of wishes to just be in the comforts of her bedroom walls. ''I see. Well, I have to be back in Crystopia for the shop by morning, So how about I go back to the city with you? And don't worry, I have my own set up for the night to get to.'' Majo suggests as Pico was brought back from being distracted, noticing the time and mentioning, ''That sounds like a good idea. Why don't we go back before Yashin falls asleep on Majo's comfy couch?'' Pico got out a joke as Yashin sat up and silently chuckled, followed by everyone else giving a soft smile.

Finally going back the way they came, along with Grandma Majo, they arrive back at the beautiful city of.... ''Crystopia...?'' Linette exhales with words as before the group was not how they last saw the back gate of Crystopia.  There were explosions, smoke and fire along with gunshots and screaming coming from inside. The adrenaline kicked in as all but Majo ran inside (Majo was left to get to safety with the non-fighters, elderly, and children), and the group, now led by Linette, found their way to Colette who was fearfully watching from a balcony protected by the princesses guards. ''Colette! What the hell happened?!'' Linette screamed, tears in her eyes ceasing to fall. ''Linette! You three! You're back safe and sound! I'm so happy your back but unfortunately, it isn't safe here anymore!'' Colette screamed back as she brushes her fringe out of her face. Pico looks over to the front gates as Yashin turns to him in confusion and worry, ''Pico? What's wrong?'' She asks as Pico answered in a paranoid tone, ''Look... There are explosions coming from the ship hangars! The GalacticArc might have blown up! The best-case scenario is that it's heavily damaged...!''. Jiyu threw her hands in the air in frustration as she cries out in even more annoyance, ''There goes our ride home!'' as Yashin turns back to Colette and Linette and listens to what happened while they were out. ''While you were gone, the Kwam Imperials attacked! Mom is out and fighting but there's too many! They're attacking anything and anyone who gets in their way!'' and Pico asks, ''Who or what the hell is the Kwam Imperials?!'' furrowed brows and mouths agape, Linette briefly explains, ''They're the name of the Kwamslak military, they've been at war with Crystopia since Itazura took over.'' as Linette wraps up her explanation, Pico shouts over the screaming and explosions that he'd be going over the ship hangar to check on, fix up and hide in the GalacticArc.

In the distance behind Yashin, Jiyu and Linette came a familiar skull-shirt blonde with a large sword covered in blood. ''Eli! I'm so happy you're okay!'' Jiyu cries out, hugging Eli without realising within all the excitement. ''I'm glad you guys are okay too, But you should get to safety! I don't think you can fight as well as we can.'' Eli exclaims as Yashin questions, ''We?'' and as she said that, the four cannibal siblings walked up from behind Eli holding weapons of their own. ''Don't worry about us! We're pretty experienced with bloodshed so why don't you guys go somewhere safe?'' Emily cries out, almost silenced by the multitude of explosions and screams. By this time, Linette had joined her sister in the safety of a guarded balcony overlooking the temporary warzone. 

But Queen Velencia was nowhere to be found...