To Cloverton We Go! [11]

The Busship finally came to a stop as Yashin, Jiyu and Akarui had woken up.

The sun was rising as the three girls' shoes hit the concrete floor of the Crystopian busship station.

Clop. Chatter. Clop. Chatter. Clop. It was as crowded as it was echoey. 

They made it to the gates where Pico and Linette were waiting. ''Yashin! Jiyu! Hey!'' Linette shouted over to the three, which caught their attention. 

Reunited at last, Akarui excitedly introduces herself to Pico and Linette. ''Hello there! I'm Akarui! I believe I'm helping fix a ship for one of you?'' She hinted at the question as Pico nodded with pink in his cheeks, replying, ''Yeah, that'd be me. I'm Akihito-Pico! But you can call me Pico, heh...''. Linette notices Pico's awkwardness and introduces herself to break it, ''Hey there! I'm Linette. Are you gonna be travelling with us?'', Linette smiled after looking up and down at her inventive attire. ''Yep! Well, I don't have to. But I'd like to!'' Akarui jumped her attention from Linette and Pico to Yashin and Jiyu who were slightly reading one of the books they bought. The duo looked up and Yashin said, ''Oh, uh... Yeah! You can join us if you'd like!'', ''How about me and Pico fix his ship while you read out the books you found!'' Akarui suggested, motioning to the book they had open in their hands. 

They read on, out loud. Discussing their next stops and all the extra info they had. ''Wait! Read that part again...'' Linette said, pointing to a line in the 'Geography of magic' book. ''Oh, Sure! It says; ...Although further history has been recorded, the following statement is still 100%  true. The magic flow between each major city, kingdom or island civilisation has always been the most active in the kingdom of Cloverton. The city of luck and deception, known for its snowy mountains and icey caves.'' Jiyu finished reading as Yashin looked up from the book and suggests, ''Perhaps Cloverton is our next stop? Alotta magic means Itazura could head there next.'' she finished as Akarui is heard screeching every word from under the GalacticArc. ''What did you say?'' Linette screamed back at her, wondering what she tried to say as Pico comes from the back of the ship, oil faced and wrench in hand, ready to translate. ''She said the ships done!'' Pico said, as Akarui slid out from under and exclaimed, ''Yep! Ready and rearing to go! We goin' to Cloverton then?'', Linette was about to answer but noticed someone walking towards them. It was none other than her sister, Queen Colette.

''Hey, sis! How's the queen job going for ya?'' Linette changed the subject as soon as she saw her sister, the queen. ''It's been well. But I heard your off to Cloverton?'' she answered. Jiyu gave her the reply, unknowing of the royal rules. ''Yeah! We were thinking of going to Cloverton to get to the Gem of Power before Itazura does-'', ''-I'm aware. But I'm guessing Linette, you forgot about a rule. As a member of the Crystopian royale family, you must make an appearance to the ruler of Cloverton, Princess Alexandra. We don't want a princess sleeping on the streets, do we?'' Colette finished with her rhetorical question. Linette's eyes lit up as she hugged Colette and said, ''Thank you! I'll represent Crystopia proudly, your majesty.'', ''Don't worry Linette, I know you will. Protect each other and good luck on your journey! Know that you always have a home and friends here in Crystopia.'' Queen Colette finished and walked away back to her queenly duties. 

After packing the ship's supplies, Yashin, Jiyu, Pico, Akarui and Linette all got aboard. Pico drove the ship, Akarui kept asking him questions about the ship's mechanics and tech, Jiyu was in the portable bathroom and finally, Yashin and Linette read the book about the 'Gems of Power'.

''Gems of Power... The one thing that exists once in every inch of the region. Whether it be a kingdom, city or island civilisation, there is a gem of power being protected by a leader amongst the corners of the world. To bring together in a specific ritual or corrupt the gem is to bring imbalance in worldwide magic. In our region, magic is like the source of life for us, such as motivation and positive energy. Once all gems of power have been merged together again alongside a ritual or corrupted somehow, all living things will simply lose their will to carry on. They wouldn't be motivated, and the world will fall under hyper-apathetic philosophies. For example, the kindest and most hardworking farmer would start to give up on life and all of their former personality traits to be replaced by the single trait of apathy. Most people's wills may be low enough to not eat, bathe, sleep, or even move an inch the very moment that the gems be brought together in a specific ritual or corrupted. After that, life will quickly cease to exist. To conclude this section of the book, we shall leave it at; Gems of Power are what keep us and our ecosystem in balance. They're just as important, if not more than oxygen, food, clothing and shelter are.''

''Woah...'' Yashin exhaled, surprised. In that moment of jaw-dropping information leaks, Jiyu came back from the bathroom and picked up her book on 'Bendryo's', sitting down with the two other girls. ''Whatever you read, I'll read later, now time for the cute animals!'' Jiyu comedically grinned as Akarui turned around, ''Read it out loud! It sounds interesting!'' she said as Pico blurted, while still focused on driving, ''I'm listenin'!''. 

Everyone listened as Jiyu read the book 'Discoveries of the Bendryo' by Chester Milton.
''The Bendryo, as I, Chester Milton, like to call them, are fascinating creatures. They have black fur, red eyes, kitty cat ears, bat wings, cat tails and bat-like fangs. As I spend more time with them, I come to realise they love to climb on my arms and hang off them. While doing this action, they tend to purr. I believe this is a sign of trust and comfort. Some of them, however, have decided to hide behind different objects in the perimeter, looking at me from ground level. I believe this one is a sign of distrust and uncomfortability. In the apartment lobby that I live in, the receptionist is a cat person. I decided to attempt to introduce one of the Bendryo's and see any similarities.
To my excitement, there has been an improvement. The Bendryo who I allowed to meet with my apartment buildings receptionist has drawn close to him, and he has asked if he could look after it. I, of course, said yes and to this day, the Bendryo in question is now named 'Bynx'. I must say, it's unique and fitting for this cat of bat craft. For this chapter of 'Discoveries of the Bendryo's', I have documented all I currently know. Let more be known, for as the going gets tough, the tough get going.''

''Wow... Jiyu, I've never seen you so infested in a book before!'' Yashin says, surprised at how Jiyu's eyes lit up while reading it. Those amber eyes, sparkling as pretty as gold, as bright as the sun and as sweet as butterscotch. ''Well, it's just interesting to me! And no, it has nothing to do with me being a cat person.'' Jiyu replied, smiling as she noticed Akarui and Linette had fallen asleep on each other. ''I guess they fell asleep to your storytelling, Jiyu,'' Yashin mentioned as she intentionally leaned her head on Jiyu's shoulder, falling asleep as well.

Not being able to get up without awaking Yashin, Jiyu settled for closing the book along with her eyes, letting the natural sleepiness get to her.