Blaze of Glory [23]

''You're doing WHAT?!'' Pico exclaimed as his leg was in a cast, on a bed while the other was bandaged and resting on the floor. 

The Inn's guestroom was very quaint, small but fancy. Whoever decorated it did a great job making their guests feel comfortable. As Pico was resting his legs, Akarui sat next to him, hand on his shoulder. Yashin had explained everything as Jiyu also exclaimed, ''Why would you help a thieves guild?!'' and Akarui snapped at her, ''Because that's the only way to get my phone back!'' and Linette stood up from the bed on the other side of the room, confused by Akarui's reason. ''Hold on, Akarui. Do you only want your phone back? What about the clear Pixi discrimination? This protest should be a group effort!'' Linette almost smiled as she realised they could help. ''Linette's right, There's strength in numbers! We should split our group in half tomorrow and one half can do the protest, the other half can watch over from the sidelines.'' Jiyu suggested as Seiko entered the room after talking with the Inn's owner.

''I think we can all agree to that! But it's late, we should turn in and get up early to prepare.'' Seiko mentioned as they all looked at the three different bunk beds in the room. They all managed to get some rest after quite a chaotic day. It was well needed and well deserved. 

The sun was clouded by the foggy atmosphere as the day had finally arrived. Yashin noticed the clock on the guestroom wall as she woke up her friends. Pico was given hand-made crutches, made from super glue and tree branches. As impractical as it sounds, it tended to work quite well. Linette and Akarui took turns in the bathroom as Seiko was putting his coat on. This is when Yashin spoke up and decided who'd do what. ''Okay, I think me and Akarui should go to the protest, and Pico and Seiko should stay near the sidelines. Which leaves Linette and Jiyu... What would you ladies like to do?'' Yashin turned to the two as she lifted her foot to tie her shoelaces. Linette adjusted her dress' sleeves as she excitedly said, ''I can help in the protest!'' and Jiyu murmured, ''Okay... I guess I'll be on the sidelines!'', ''Perfect! It's all sorted out! You three better head over to the sewers secret entrance to meet Wylo and Belladoris! It's almost 9 am!'' Seiko blurted as he, Pico and Jiyu left the Inn's guestroom as Yashin, Linette and Akarui leave behind them, going in a different direction. 

On one side, the entire street outside of the Royale Mansion was full of young protesters, holding signs and banners all saying things like, ''Pixi Rights!'' or ''We're as equal as you!'' and most of the people weren't even a Pixi. This gave the squad hope in Wytherspearian residents. On the other side, Wylo and Belladoris were waiting outside of the thieves guild secret entrance. 

Pico, Jiyu and Seiko were standing near an alleyway, in sight of where Akarui, Yashin and Linette along with Wylo, Belladoris and their crew, where they were standing with signs, screaming to the top of their lungs about Pixi rights. 

It felt as though a rainbow had formed inside the fog, lighting up the city. Cheers and singing were heard throughout the alleyways, the cracks and the shop corners. There were so many people, it was as though the entire city was at the Royale's doorsteps. 

Linette noticed a blonde boy, in one of the alleyways. He was smiling at the protest. She decided to skip over, letting her friends know that she was gonna take 5. He wore a black hood and weirdly fancy clothes. 

''Hello there! Do you wanna take part in the protest? There's a few extra signs over there!'' Linette said with a sweet smile. ''Thanks but... Hang on, Are you Princess Linette from Crystopia?'' He said as his voice sounded surprised as if he knew her. ''Uh... Just Linette, please. I won't speak of my current position, Thanks. SO, what are you doing in the back alley?'' She awkwardly laughed as he stared into her eyes while talking, ''You can call me YaoYao. I don't like sticking out so I'm just supporting the protest from afar. Heck, If I were still... Nevermind.'' Linette raised an eyebrow as she said, ''You don't happen to know about Wytherspear's Royale family, do you?'' Linette popped the question as she had a miraculous brainstorm. ''Huh?! N-No! Of course... not...'' YaoYao didn't seem so sure of his answer. Linette caught onto this as she remembered that she and her squad needed the Gem of Wytherspear. And Linette had a feeling he knew about it... ''You're clearly hiding something. I know we just met but you seem to know me. And as a fellow royale, I'd like to know what exactly you're hiding.'' Linette spoke sternly with her arms crossed and YaoYao cleared his throat. ''I guess I can't lie to a princess... Yeah, I'm-'' he was cut off by Yashin and Akarui. Akarui looked her excitable and joyful self as she held her phone in the same hand as the one she held a protest sign in. Yashin was the one who cut off YaoYao, not noticing he was there at first, ''Hey! Wylo and Belladoris said thanks- What are you up to over here?'' as Linette smiled at her friends. Before she could say anything, YaoYao kept talking. ''As I was saying, I'm one of the three prince's of Wytherspear. The dead one, as it happens. But don't tell anyone! At first, I went out the back way on accident. But it turns out to be the best decision I've ever made. I was supposed to be forced into marriage but I got out of that! Fair and free, I live among the citizens now and nothing is better. So yeah, to answer your question, Princess Linette, I do know the Wytherspear Royale family. But I don't associate myself with them anymore. Especially not after all of these anti-creature laws.'' he finished explaining as his tone turned more into a deep rage. Rage at his family for being the worst there is.

But then, Akarui asked with an even more excited pitch in her voice, ''So do you know where the Gem of Power is?!'' as YaoYao's rage disappeared. That half of the squad looked at him with anticipation as he gave his answer. 

''Indeed, I do... In fact, I was the one that hid it.''