Sibling Spectacular! [34]

Dry throat. Scratchy. The sound of faint footsteps. Louder. Uncomfortable position. Door opening?

Jiyu's body snapped upright as she heard the hospital room's door slam open. Her ears perked up as she turned her head to see who opened the door. The one in the doorway was Akarui, panting. She caught her breath and exclaimed in a panic, ''Jiyu, come quick! You have to help us!'', ''Huh-? What happened?!'' Jiyu replied, still a little groggy from waking up. Akarui looked at the time on her phone as she showed a distressed expression and put it back in her pocket and blurted, ''No time to explain right now, follow me!''. Jiyu looked back at Yashin's limp body and patted her shoulder as she turned back to Akarui and nodded, running behind her.

On their way to wherever Akarui was taking her, Jiyu asked, ''So what happened?''. Akarui explained as quick as she could, ''Cyrus told Iah that he wanted to travel with us and he got mad because he thinks Cyrus should stay and continue training but now he has little Nanako, the girl Guiz'qao is looking after and said he won't hand her over until Cyrus has proved himself worthy of their grandfathers legacy and Seiko wants us to help Cyrus because apparently, Nanako is his secret little sister!'', the explanation threw Jiyu off as she tried to sum it up, ''So basically, Iah is keeping a little girl hostage until Cyrus fights him and wins just to prove their grandfather's skills are still valid and said little girl is also our zombie friends' sister?'', still distressed, Akarui confirms the statement, ''Yes!'' as they both keep running towards what was called the Wakusei Family Dojo.

Meanwhile, inside was Iah, waiting for his brother. Nanako was sitting in a storage closet, playing with some of her toys and oblivious to the situation. Iah got bored and decided to pay her a visit.

He bent down to her level and he said, ''My brother's taking awhile. How about you tell me what you remember about your brothers?'' He then gave a sadistic yet sweet smile. ''Well, Nanako doesn't remember much, but she knows that Biggest Brother hurt Big Brother. So Nanako made Biggest Brother be what Big Brother was. And then when Momma and Papa got home, they sent me here to be with Mister 'Gwayz-Chow'.'' Nanako frowned as Iah patted her on the head and told her to keep playing with her toys for a while.

Jiyu and Akarui made it to the door of the Wakusei Family Dojo as they noticed Seiko, Linette and Cyrus outside. Seiko looked worried, for both Cyrus and Nanako, as Cyrus looked calm. Linette noticed the two arriving and exclaimed, ''Good! You're here! Come on, we have to go inside after Cyrus!'', as they all followed each other inside.

Iah smiled when he noticed Cyrus entering. The plan was for the others to sneak around the two while Cyrus distracted them so they could get Nanako but Iah did indeed notice them. He laughed. ''Really, brother? That was your plan? You're really underestimating me here...'' he kept his sadistic smile as he stood in front of where Cyrus stood. Cyrus took a battle stance as he hovered his hand over his katana, ready to unsheath it. Iah copied him and gave an intense stare.

During this, Seiko and Jiyu were sneaking around the dojo's columns, hiding behind them from Iah's line of sight. Akarui and Linette stood near the door, behind Cyrus. This was so that Iah could keep an eye on them in case they were to run to Lady Guiz'qao. Cyrus spoke up, interrupting the loud silence, ''I don't get why you need me to fulfil Grandfather's legacy so bad. I get that you adore him but still...'', Iah snapped back in reply, ''This has nothing to do with my adoration, brother. Just your lack of care for our family's sacred tradition. Enough talk... Let's fight.''

The duel between the brothers began. 

They unsheathed their katanas from where they had laid before, and they point their katanas in each other's direction, readying themselves. They then both move forward, Iah going straight for Cyrus' midsection and Cyrus, to Iah's legs. Upon hitting his unmoving leg, Cyrus jumped back. Iah, the one who originally aimed for the chest has now faced his katana to Cyrus' head and moves forward as Cyrus moves back. They both stand back, keeping their distance for a single second as they once again, moved forward until the tips of their katanas touched and made an X. Cyrus noticed Iah's katana moving towards him from above as he swiftly move his own in front of it, keeping it from touching his head. When this happened, Iah's katana swung back in temporary defeat as Cyrus swung his katana towards Iah, marking his arm. After this, they stepped back, circling each other along with their katana's crossing again. They both walk back more. With this, they are now far away from each other. Suddenly, Cyrus heard a footstep and if he heard it then Iah probably did too. It was Seiko, Jiyu and Nanako sneaking back through the columns. In a moment of intuition, he charges forward with his katana gripped tightly in his hand as he jumped in the air in front of Iah and spins to get his katana at a horizontal angle. At this moment, Iah was the one surprised and breathing heavily and Cyrus held a steady breath the entire time. Iah looked in Nanako's direction as he saw her disgusted face, Jiyu having lightly explained the situation to her. Tears squeezed their way passed his eyelids as he realised how petty his actions had been. He looked back at Cyrus, who noticed his new facial expression. Cyrus' feet finally touched the floor as the end of his katana just barely touched Iah's shoulder and Iah knelt down in defeat.

The duel was over and Cyrus was victorious. Both of them were out of breath. 

Cyrus stood back as Iah took his knelt stance into a bowing stance, head touching the ground. He then spoke, ''I'm sorry, Cyrus. It appears I've underestimated you. You're an amazing fighter when it comes down to it. You can take Nanako back home... You all deserve a break.'' he paused and looked up, eyeing the four who had watched the scene, minus Nanako, and continued, ''And to you, dear travellers... Your experiences in Nahrahka Island have been far from pleasant. You can blame it on me. I sincerely apologise, to you all.'' he finishes as Cyrus holds his hand out and Iah takes it, confused. ''The travellers and Nanako might not forgive you, but I do. You take our family traditions seriously, and Grandfather would be proud of that, Brother.'' Cyrus spoke with a smile, calling Iah 'brother' for the first time in his life as he then turned to leave with the others. Nanako looked back with an angry expression. But it slowly turned into a more sad expression as she ran over to him and hugged him. After the hug, she kicked his leg as hard as she could, which wasn't that hard but Iah still pretended it was. ''Nanako doesn't forgive you yet. Next time, Nanako and Iah will invite everyone to a teddy tea party so that Iah can prove to Nanako that Iah is nice!'' she pouted, trying to look angry but really, she was happy he was okay and Iah was happy that Nanako didn't fully hate him. He smiled and softly said, ''I promise, it'll be the best teddy tea party ever!''. She then happily ran off with the others.

After reporting the situation, Lady Guiz'qao gave the choice to Nanako if Iah would still look after her now and then, to which she, of course, said yes. Pretty much everyone had started walking back to the cabins, except Seiko. 

''Lady Guiz'qao? Can I talk to you for just a second?'' Seiko said shyly as he looked straight into his eyes. ''Of course, What is it you'd like to talk about?'' Guiz'qao replied as Seiko quietly yet urgently blurted out, ''I'm sorry for what I'm about to say but - Please, Promise me that you'll always look after Nanako and protect her!'' as Guiz'qao smiled sweetly at the request, and without hesitation, said, ''Of course. I solemnly swear to always make sure Nanako is safe and happy!'' Lady Guiz'qao jokingly put his fist to his heart, keeping the promise till the day he dies. Lady Guiz'qao then asks Seiko a question, ''Do you wish to tell her that you are her dead older brother?'' Seiko thinks for a moment and says, ''Nah. Right now, Iah is the big brother in Nanako's life. She deserves someone who'll always be there for her and I haven't been so It's best she doesn't know about it for now.'' Seiko smiled as Guiz'qao nodded. Seiko sighs in relief, thanks Guiz'qao and follows his friends to the cabins.

The sunset had loomed over Nahrahka Island, as Jiyu stretched. She smiled and looked towards the hospital before entering her cabin.

''It's been a long day, right Yashy?...''