Where a Desert Village Survives [43]

The next day had rolled around quickly, it was a gloomy yet bright morning.

The squad was separated into the two tents that Tamari let them borrow. In one, Yashin, Jiyu, Linette and Akarui. In the other, Pico, Seiko and Cyrus. The tents were thicker than the usual material so it was easier for those awake to talk outside without worrying about waking up the rest.

Pico, Seiko, Cyrus and Linette were awake, talking just outside. Then Akarui woke up and left her tent. She said, groggily, ''G'morning...'' as the others greeted her. Pico asked, ''Are Yashin and Jiyu awake yet?'', She replied, smiling, ''Nah, they're still cuddling.''. Linette and Seiko were awed as Linette mentioned, ''Aha, Pico, you were so right yesterday!'', ''Right? They're made for each other.'' Pico agreed and Seiko silently agreed as well. Cyrus, on the other hand, didn't quite understand what was going on so he pretended to agree by smiling and nodding.

A few minutes later, Yashin and Jiyu were finally awake and ready to discuss what they were doing next.

Linette started, ''Okay, so I kinda have an idea. Y'know how you mentioned Tamari and Sora have wifi at their place? Well, I could visit them and finally contact Colette, asking if she can get a private ship to pick us up and drive us anywhere!'' she finished as Yashin exclaimed, ''That's a great idea! How about you and two others head to the village? You can call Queen Colette and the others can get supplies for the journey!'' after pitching today's plan, Yashin looked toward Jiyu for her approval and then to everyone else, who all nodded and agreed. Then, Akarui volunteered to go to the village with Linette, as did Pico and Seiko. That's when Jiyu also had an idea and exclaimed, ''Oh! How about Linette and Seiko go to Tamari's to contact Queen Colette and Akarui and Pico can get supplies! And maybe breakfast...?'' Jiyu questioned, giving a cheesy smile. Pico replied, ''Yeah, we can do that!'', Seiko responded, ''Sounds like a plan!''. Cyrus added to the plan, ''While you guys do that, me, Yashin and Jiyu can stay here and keep reading over these books that Tamari and Sora generously lent us. It would do us good to learn about O'Ryant and its leader, right?''. To this, Akarui jumped up and down, clapping, excited and said, ''Yes! Yes! Yes! I can't wait!''. Linette then thought for a second and remembered something she had read in a book. She put her arm out, palm faced down and said, ''Well, team? All in?'', Akarui immediately recognised it and put her hand atop Linette's, followed by Seiko, Jiyu, Yashin and Pico. Cyrus then turned his head to the side slightly confused. Seiko quickly explained, ''Come on, Cyrus! This is something friends do as a form of celebration or motivation... either way, it's fun!'' with Seiko's reassurance, Cyrus joined his friends and placed his hand on top of the hand pile. Seiko then continued, ''On 3... one, two... THREE!''. The seven courageous and compassionate adventures all threw their hands in the air and the excitement grew into a contagious laugh. Yashin put a hand on Linette's shoulder and said, ''Aha, that was fun! We should do that more.'' as Seiko violently nodded, still extremely hysterical, as were some others.

After the laughter died down, it was time for the four to head out to the village. With the help of Tamari's map, they found it easily.

They split up into two smaller groups as Linette and Seiko continued to follow the map to Tamari and Sora's apartment. Meanwhile, Akarui and Pico walked around with their heads high and spare money in their pockets.

After looking around the village, they came across a marketplace. It wasn't as big or popular as the one in Khojumeno Coast but it had many people selling plenty of useful things, such as food, jewels, weapons and books. Pico made sure to buy enough food that would last a few days, as Akarui followed, looking for other things that could be of use. However, her mind was elsewhere. This was until she saw a butchery stand and the one behind it looked to be selling bags of bacon, eggs and a few other breakfast-like items. It made sense considering it was that time of day so Akarui rushed over and bought enough breakfast fit for seven. When she strolled her way back to Pico, he asked, ''Woah, where'd all that come from?'' as she replied, ''Well... I know Jiyu asked for breakfast, and I'm sure the others are hungry too... So as a better apology, I bought us all breakfast!'' Akarui smiled brightly as Pico admired her kindness, smiling back. ''I think that's great! I'm sure they'll really appreciate it!'' he said, putting a hand on her shoulder. The two then had a few bags full of supplies. Of course, not all of it was food. They did find a book or two on interesting subjects.

They retraced their steps to where they split up with Seiko and Linette, waiting for them. It took a few minutes but the two came out, happy. Akarui asked, ''Did you talk to your sister?!'' as Linette exclaimed, ''Of course I did! She said that tonight, there'll be a Royale ship secretly landing behind the forest, out of Kwamslak city's eye view! That way, we can sneak on it and head to O'Ryant straight away!'' Linette was basically jumping her way back to the camp as she was happy to talk to her sister again. Seiko also mentioned how Sora told him a little bit about how he got to Kwamslak and couldn't wait to share it with the others.

They finally got to the camp, catching the last three up on whatever they found or did. Linette then remembered something and said, ''Oh, wait! Before we leave, Tamari said she and Sora would come by to pick up their camping equipment! We should take the tents down and pack it all away for them since they've been so nice to us... yknow?'' she rhetorically asked as Jiyu said, ''Yeah! It's the least we could do for them!'', as the rest agreed, they all took down the tents and anything that came from Tamari and Sora was placed against a tree with a small, handwritten note stating how the squad were grateful for their help and that they're sorry they had to leave before they arrived. For the rest of the day, they mostly talked about random things, getting to know one another more or about their journey. However, it was finally later in the afternoon. 

As they were finishing up and about to head to where the royale ship was picking them up from, Pico then mentioned, ''Oh yeah! Seiko, didn't you wanna tell us something that Sora told you?'', Seiko replied, ''Oh! Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about that! Well, it wasn't much but he basically just told me how he ran away from the Abyss and met Meredith, who took him here! I thought that was a fun fact...'' as Seiko finished talking, Jiyu gasped and said, ''Damn, that is a fun fact! I'm sure Meredith knows a whole bunch'a people!'', Yashin held in a giggle as they all started to sneak through the forest, following Linette, who had screenshotted a small map that Colette sent her before they left Tamari and Sora's place.

And suddenly, the forest got lighter and lighter as they started to exit it. They saw a pristine yet well-hidden ship that had engraved in gold on the side, 'Crystopian Royale Family'.

The door opened as the driver greeted his majesty, Princess Linette as she thanked him for coming all this way to get them. When they all got in and the door was shut, she told him where they were headed as he punched in the coordinates in his console and gripped the controls, ready to fly to O'Ryant.

On the way, Linette practised more spells as Seiko, Cyrus, Yashin and Jiyu safely sparred, practising their skills as well. Akarui and Pico read out loud anything they found in the books they bought in Kwam Valley's village.

All while keeping the remaining gems safe in Diona's box, locking it for good measure.