The Beach Episode [30]

The rays of sunlight beamed through the cabin windows as Akarui was crouched beside a sleeping Jiyu, poking at her arm.

Jiyu slowly started waking up and made a hissing sound. Her tail instinctively shooed away Akarui's hand as she rose up and screamed, ''Wake up!'', to which Jiyu jumped and looked at Akarui in annoyance. 

''Akarui!- I was just having the best dream ever!'' Jiyu complained as Akarui giggled with guilt and replied, ''Sorry! But it's a day-long vacation and Yashin really wants you to join us at the beach! Mr.Iah even brought us a change of clothes!''. Jiyu raised her eyebrow then thought for a moment. ''Sure. I don't see why not!'' Jiyu smiled and stood up. Akarui gave Jiyu a small bag and told her it was the change of clothes. Jiyu took it as Akarui waved and left the cabin. 

Oblivious to the girls' plans, Seiko leaned on a tree, reading a book. Pico saw him and decided to say hi.

''Seiko! Hi, How are you doing?'' Pico sat down with him as he replied, ''Hey, Pico! I'm good. You?'', ''I'm okay! What are you reading?'' Pico asked, excited. ''It's called 'Endless Sorrow among Mortals' and it's the horror novel Jiyu bought in Cloverton!'' Seiko answered with a grin. Pico's surprise left his mouth agape as he asked, ''I thought all of our stuff was destroyed in the Wytherspear crash!'' Seiko nervously laughed, scratching the back of his neck as he replied, ''I found it under the food crates and it looked completely untouched! So I kinda just kept it with me until we had spare time... Eheh,''. Pico put his hand on Seiko's shoulder as Seiko's cheeks flushed with a light pink hue. Pico then suggested, ''Maybe we can read it together!'' as Seiko agrees, ''Great idea! Just let me know when to turn the page!'' Seiko smiled as they got comfy and read the book together.

Back with the girls, Akarui was chasing Linette in the shallow sea as they both tried to splash each other. Their laughter was contagious as Yashin and Jiyu watched them with joy.

''Haha! They look like they're having so much fun!'' Yashin exclaimed as she looked over to Jiyu and noticed what she was doing. ''Building a sandcastle, huh? Let me help!'' Jiyu smiled as the two started shaping a small castle made from the crunchy yellow sand.

Suddenly, Iah's voice was heard as he walked towards the two with a small plate of sandwiches. ''Anyone want a sandwich?'' he smiled and held up one of the sandwiches, showing off his culinary skills to them. ''Sandwiches?! Heck yes!'' Jiyu practically screamed as she heard Yashin giggle at her, but brushing it off because she really wanted the sandwiches. ''Hey! Leave some for us- haha!-'' Linette was heard laughing off the fun she and Akarui just had as they both slowly jogged back towards the three. Before things could get any more crowded, Meredith ran up to the five, with a question. ''Hey! Have you guys been using my Shora supplies?'' She asked as she breathed heavily, sweating from both the heat and the fact she ran here. ''No... Why?'' Linette asked, curious. ''Because my supplies have been mysteriously vanishing! One minute, they're there, the next? POOF!'' Meredith vented slightly as Yashin sweetly said, ''No, sorry! Hope you find out though!''. Meredith thanked them and ran off, likely about to ask more people. 

As Iah, Akarui and Linette were debating pineapples on pizza, Jiyu fell asleep on Yashin's lap. Yashin smiled as she softly petted Jiyu's head. She didn't know if it did anything, but it seemed to comfort Jiyu in times of stress, so Yashin kept at it. As Yashin tried not to fall asleep to the ocean's waves and warm sunlight, she wondered what Seiko and Pico were up to.

Seiko and Pico were still reading under the cool shade of a tree, of course, but were interrupted by Cyrus. ''Uh, Hey! My brother told me to find you and give you these.'' Cyrus explained as he had another small plate of sandwiches. Seiko's eyes widened as he got excited and said, ''Ah, Thank you so much!!!''. After thanking him for the sandwiches, Cyrus was about to leave before Pico cleared his throat and caught him just before he did. ''Hey! I have a question if you don't mind answering...'', Cyrus turned around and looked almost surprised. He then smiled and sat with Pico and Seiko, ready to answer. ''After introducing yourself, you mentioned the meaning of my name... Why did you decide to mention it?'' Pico's curiosity got the better of him as Cyrus started explaining. ''Well, In the Wakusei clan, we believe that the meaning of our names is aligned with our constellations. For example, you're a moral compass and your first name, 'Akihito' means Morality.'' Cyrus paused as Seiko asked, ''That's so cool! What does my name mean?!'', Cyrus gave a joyful smile to the zombie boy as he resumed his explanation, answering Seiko's question in the process. ''Your name, Seiko, means 'Truth' or in a more simple manner, 'Honesty'. I don't know you too well but based on that, you're a bad liar. You can never fully lie and are honest about your opinions, which also means you're trustworthy. An example beyond you two would be me and my older brother, Iah. His name means 'Moon', and given how my name means 'Sun', you could probably tell from a mile away that we are polar opposites.''. 

Cyrus finished explaining as Seiko was leaned in, amazed at the accuracy. Pico was also amazed as he sighed in awe and said, ''This is all so cool! And your clan is amazing fighters as well! It must be so fun-'', but Cyrus cut him off. ''Actually, it's not.''. Pico and Seiko were confused but before they could ask, Cyrus decided to expand more. ''I never actually wanted to be a fighter... I much prefer poetry and music. To sit between a forest and the ocean and listen to nature's tune is pure bliss to me.'' Pico asked, ''Why's that? We understand you have your interests but we heard your whole family grow up to be fighters... And I'd imagine just sitting there would be boring. Even with talking-'', ''Think about it. The whispers of the wind, the dancing of trees, and even waves in the sea have sounds. And if you listen close enough... Nature itself is one big beautiful song. To nature, words are useless unless it's met with a melody.''. As poetic as Cyrus' explanation was, Seiko and Pico were still slightly lost. When Cyrus noticed their confused expressions, he simply apologized and left. 

''Cyrus, wait-!'' Seiko felt bad, in case he offended Cyrus and tried to shout to him as Pico put his hand on Seiko's shoulder, reassuring him. ''Just let him go. I understand what he meant and well, it's our vacation day! Let's not let confusing explanations get in the way of that, yeah? Come on! I think I know where the girls are!'' Pico jumped up, helped Seiko up and ran towards the beach to have fun with their friends.

Before Cyrus left their view, he turned around. He saw the sun setting in front of the six travellers having fun. Their silhouettes in front of the sunset were artistic as he smiled and said, softly, ''You're holding heavy burdens, but I know you'll save the world.''.