Through the Fog [21]

On a particularly snowy day, the squad decided to get back on the GalacticArc and head to their next destination. The City of Crime, Wytherspear.

Princess Alexandra, accompanied by two guards and a maid, along with Earl of Cupcakes had waited outside the Cloverton Ship Hangar's to see them off. 

After hugs, thank-yous and goodbyes, Yashin, Jiyu, Linette, Akarui and Seiko had boarded Pico's ship as Pico was already inside, looking over the controls in paranoia, readying himself for the rough navigation. Before the Ship's side door closed, Seiko eyed the inside of the GalacticArc as words spilt out of his agaped mouth, ''Wow... This ship is way more up to date than any of the others in Cloverton...'' as Akarui giggled and replied with excitement, ''I know, right?!''. 

The doors closed and the ship hovered, flying above the clouds and back into the galactic atmosphere. A purple and dark blue void filled with white sparkling starry specs dotted everywhere. In the distance was far away planets and a regional vortex here and there. The ship was steady but the trip was far from over.

''Guys! How about we do a mini storytime!'' Jiyu exclaimed, grabbing the books she bought for the journey. ''Ooh, Lemme read the description of the horror novel!'' Seiko asked as Jiyu nodded and handed him the horror novel he had asked for. 

''This string of events is based on a true story. A girl is stuck in an infinite death loop as she tries and tries again to change her fate. Unfortunately, No matter what she did, death was at her door. One day, she decides she's had enough and instead tries to find out why this was happening to her. Although she wasn't prepared to see who exactly the mastermind was...'' Seiko stopped reading as his eyes were sparkling. He then opened the last page of the book and saw the number of the last chapter. ''137 CHAPTERS?! Maybe we should read this another day...'' Seiko closed the book and put it down. That's when Akarui rummaged through the bags near the back of the ship and got out a colourful looking book. ''How about this other one that Jiyu bought?! It looks short and fun enough to read right now!'' Akarui skipped over to the others as they had sat on the floor, ready for whatever fun story was awaiting them. Yashin took the book from Akarui as she began reading the title, then the book.

''Adventures of Spacewoman Sally and Spaceman Sammy, VOL II. Once upon a galaxy, many moons ago, there lives two wonderous best friends, who dressed the same head to toe. Once on an adventure, Sally was in a fight, Sammy saw and defended her with all of his might. Unfortunately for them, the monsters drew their blades, this is when our dear friend, Sammy started to fade. Alone and sad, Sally was determined to try and try as hard as she can to save her friend. Years among years almost went by, Sally travelled to find the mastermind. His death was planned and she knew this so, she was out of leads, despite the clues though. Then one day, far from land, A courageous knight had lent his hand! With a mask so thick and a sword so thin, he helped her find her best friend. But before she knew it, all things considered, the one behind the mask was Sammy who was barely injured! He explained how he faked his death, then followed her travels of which she re-met, only to find the time was nigh as their old ship flew high with them inside, as their adventures continue, we'll see them again soon!'' Yashin finished as everyone was both joyous and confused. ''Crappy rhyming... But good plot! Not sure why it's classed as a kids book though.'' Linette said as she put the book back. ''I mean there was rhyming,'' Seiko mentioned as Yashin chuckled and shrugged it off. It's just a kids story after all.

Suddenly, the ship started to sway harshly as Pico was struggling to steer. The fog was blinding the entire front window as everybody rushed to hold onto something. Pico shouted in a hurry, ''Quick! I'm gonna enable the guest seats now so jump in one and buckle up!'' He then smashed his hand on a button that opened up small storage spaces under the floor of the GalacticArc. These spaces had hidden away a bunch of chairs that were white leather with black seatbelts, with light purple stars on. They rose from the ground as everyone ran for a seat. Everyone was finally seated as Akarui kept shouting at Pico to dodge the things that were jump-scaring them from the fog. Jiyu was scared, shaking as her tail wrapped around her waist, and she clenched the end of it. Linette was holding onto the seat of the chair, trying not to be nudged off. Seiko also tried to grab something but instead almost flung himself off the chair, which Yashin held her hand in front of him to stop from happening. Pico was sweating hotter than the sun as Akarui kept screaming.

The entire ship was boiling hot, along with everyone aboard panicking. The only vibe anyone could pick up on was either scared, tensed or both.

''Almost there!'' Pico said as he looked at his navigation pad next to the main controls. Akarui noticed it and threw her hands up in the air, as she screamed with joy. ''Why are you so happy? We're not there yet!'' Yashin exclaimed in a concerned tone. ''Actually, Yes we are! We're in Wytherspear, we just need to land! Pico?! Can you land already?!'' Akarui explained as Pico confirmed this information. ''It's hard to see where the Wytherspearian Ship hangars are though...'' Pico exhaled as he then noticed the Navigation Pad and frowned. ''Unless... There ARE NO SHIP HANGARS, Which... means- THERES NO PLACE TO LAND?!'' Akarui noticed what was on the Navigation Pad as she screeched in fear. ''Wait, What does that mean for us?!'' Jiyu exclaimed as Pico answered, ''IT MEANS YOU SHOULD HOLD ON TIGHT!'' Pico shouted as everyone else screamed in fear as the ship went in circles, going faster than a rocket to the ground of Wytherspear. 

The GalacticArc was indeed about to crash land, and depending on Pico's driving... they might not survive.