As It Starts For the Last Time. [49]

Early morning came, it was once again, a bright, hot day in O'Ryant.

Jiyu and Cyrus were talking with Charlie and Asutoro outside the church. Cyrus mentions, ''So, you said there was something you wanted to tell us about Itazura's plan.'' as Charlie smirks and replies, ''Yeah, about what happens when the gems are reunited in a specific ritual, which also happens to be what Itazura has been planning for months, years maybe.'', ''Okay, so what is it?'' Jiyu says, impatiently. ''I was getting to that... Itazura trusted only me and Toro with this information. Apparently, it's been buried in theories and hypotheses from all sorts of people which is why nobody knows about it - the gems hold god-like abilities. The one who fuses them in a ritual is granted those abilities, with that, they'd be considered a god of the same status as those that created this world.'' Charlie finished as Asutoro nods, confirming. 

As they ponder what to do about this revelation, a familiar voice is heard leaving the church. ''Talking about gods and nation gems? I'm a bit of an expert in this area! Mind If I join the conversation?'' Lydia asked as Cyrus replied, ''Of course!''. After asking what the others know about the nation gems, Lydia starts explaining her theory, ''As a worshipper of the divine, I've seen many articles connecting both our gods and the nation gems. In fact, I have a mini theory that has something to do with how our region is shaped! Have you ever been to another region?'' she stopped to ask as the four shook their heads and she continued, ''Well, in the other regions, all of the nations are on one large planet! People only go into the galaxy to go to another region. But Ro'lyn? We live in a planetoid society! But because we're the only region that's different, people suspect that our god made it that way and then sealed herself or her abilities in the nation gems, scattering them across the region! I've heard others say that whoever releases the power in the gems will take over as the region's god! But I don't believe that a goddess such as our very own would give up her podium.'' Lydia finishes with her arms crossed as Charlie exclaims, ''Wow, that's a cool theory! I've heard one similar to it. Basically, my theory believes that Ro'lyns nations were separated because the Goddess of Balance was experimenting and turned them into their own planets. Of course, it's just a theory with some holes here and there but in my opinion, there's gotta be a correct theory out there somewhere!'' Charlie finishes, putting his hands on his hips and smiling before leaning on the church's wall again.

Suddenly, Pico and Seiko rush out of the church to find them as Pico explains, ''Lord Addaline's final preparations are done. He wants everyone to gather up here before heading off to Kwamslak. Also, he sent a letter to Itazura, letting her know of our arrival.'' Cyrus and Jiyu nod as Asutoro says, ''We should get back then!-'' but she was cut off. Jiyu reminded them, ''Don't forget these! We're putting our last bit of trust into you. Itazura will be looking for the gems from one of us... She'll never expect that you have them. Hide them, though.'' Jiyu gave the box of gems to Asutoro as she smiled, grateful to be trusted with something, and said, ''Of course! See you guys later.'' as they waved goodbye and before Charlie started to follow Asutoro, Seiko gave him a death stare.

A hoard of O'Ryant warriors crowds the sea of sand as Addaline, who is standing in the doorway of an O'Ryant trade ship, makes the pre-battle speech. He explains how there will be other soldiers on their side and tells them to fight with them and not against them. 

During this speech, Seiko thinks of Charlie and his actions thus far. He whispers to Cyrus, ''I seriously don't trust Charlie...'' as Cyrus is holding onto his mask on his head and replies, ''Don't worry, if he tries anything, you have me and the rest of our friends. Not to mention multiple armies...'' Cyrus reassures as he then lowers his mask to his face. Seiko notices Cyrus's mask and starts to feel nervous. Yashin and Jiyu, while listening to the speech, hold each other's hand, doing what they usually do and relying on each other for comfort.