Her Partner's Plight [19]

''I think this was the place Pico told us about...'' Yashin explains as Jiyu, Linette, Akarui and herself had just arrived in front of what looked like an old, rundown bakery. ''Yeah... Seiko was going on about how some girl called 'Asutoro' can universe hop or something.''  Linette continued to talk about what Pico and Seiko had told them. Akarui jumped in front of the doors, facing the other three. ''This is so exciting! I can't wait to see me in an alternate universe!'' She exclaimed as Jiyu chuckled and went to the door, ready to knock on it. 

Suddenly, the door swung open and a girl with a purple, messy braid came out from inside. ''Ugh, I knew those boys were gonna tell someone.'' She sighed and let the four in. ''And who're you?'' She finally asked, she switched her view to each of them, starting with Linette, ''A dress? In this weather?'' then to Akarui, ''Nice goggles but they're due for a cleaning-!'', then to Jiyu, ''Nice cat ears, Blondie.'' she then chuckled to herself as she turned her attention to Yashin, ''Red hair? That reminds me of- YAE?!''  She screamed aloud which made Akarui jump and Jiyu's fur stand tall. ''It's me, Toro! You're childhood best friend! Damn, you aged well-'' Asutoro kept talking as Yashin cut her off, trying to make sense of the situation, ''Wait, Sorry but I don't know you, and It's not Yae, it's Y-'' Yashin was cut off as Asutoro dragged her to the basement. The others, Jiyu, Akarui and Linette, ran after them. ''Dementia's already kicking in! You'll remember who I am if we go on one last unforgettable adventure!'' She spams the buttons on the control panel and pushed Yashin in, then jumps in herself. Once again, the portal shrunk and disappeared. Akarui, Linette and Jiyu tried to do everything to get the portal back, and they even called Pico and Seiko, who called Earl, who didn't know what to do! They were all stuck on one side... 

Meanwhile, on the other side, Yashin had to shout the loudest she had ever shouted in her life. ''I'M NOT YAE!'', ''Huh...?'' Toro let go of Yashin's arm as she stopped in her tracks, not even noticing their surroundings. It felt as if time slowed down. Toro looked into Yashin's eyes, confused as Toro asked, ''But, You look just like her... If not Yae, who are you?'' Yashin finally introduced herself properly, ''My name is Yashin. You must be Asutoro.'' She smiled sweetly, trying to be passive while holding in any anger she had at the misunderstanding.

''Oh... Yeah, that's me. Sorry for dragging you in an unknown portal to... huh?!'' Toro looked up at where they walked into. ''This looks exactly like you're basement ...'' Yashin mumbled as they seem to have stumbled into the same basement they just left, except this time, it looks more decorated. ''Maybe the portal didn't work? No, it's always worked before...''  Yashin heard Toro say under her breath in a panic. Yashin walked up the stairs to the first floor. It was far from what it was before! From traditional-Japanese to scruffed up and trashed everywhere. ''What happened here?'' Yashin exclaimed as Toro ran outside. 

Cloverton looked so different... It was the darkest city they had ever seen. No fun colours, no singing or dancing, even the clover crest had a giant crack in the middle and a ton of graffiti. ''What the hell... I think we're in an alternate universe.'' Toro concluded as the two walked around. In the distance, they saw a familiar Kwam Imperial soldier, but this time, the face was the most familiar. ''Hey, Isn't that your friend?'' Toro said, pointing it out. ''Akarui?!'' Yashin gasped as she saw her ever-so-energetic inventor friend walk sternly with the most serious face she's ever pulled, accompanied by fellow Kwam Imperial's. ''It's definitely an alternate universe...'' Yashin stared at her with a sad look. 

''Come on. Usually, in these situations, we live in the other universe for a reason so let's just find the portal and get back.'' Toro sounded almost disappointed as she led Yashin to the palace. Outside the palace gates was what looked like a large, patchy n' handmade blacksmiths shack. Inside this shack was an old man, working hard on some kind of sharp iron sword. It was obvious which alternate version this was. Earl of Cupcakes turned into the King of Crime or the Dean of Death? Perhaps the Principle of Pain? Either way, alternate versions of each person they've met were bound to be somewhere in the city. 

''Oh look, a doorway without a door. Found the portal! Now, where's a button...'' Toro sarcastically said upon arriving in front of a doorframe. ''Okay, What's wrong? I don't know a lot about you but I know what hinting is.'' Yashin blurted as she realised how the earlier misunderstanding upset her. ''Look, You're a nice girl. But Yae was my best friend... Travelling universes alone is lonely. It feels like I'm the only one in the whole world sometimes.'' Toro admitted as Yashin helped her look for a button, ''So... What made you think I was your friend?'' Yashin asked, curiously. ''Your eyes. They look just like hers... Identical, even. Are you sure you didn't accidentally erase your memory or something?!''  Toro finished as she found what looked like a metal plate with a glowing red button while giving Yashin a doubtful expression. ''Well I DID get my looks from my mom, so... Maybe you knew her?'' Yashin asked with an idea. ''Hm... Yae always wore a heart-shaped necklace! It had a special signature on the front and a secret code on the back. Only I would know what it meant.'', Toro finished as Yashin was quick to give out her first thought. ''I think I know the code and signature! I could hardly read the fancy writing but it looked something like the word, 'Universal'. And the strange set of numbers that I remember being on the back was, '210521'.'' Yashin helped Toro find the tools to attach the button to the doorframe. But Toro stood in surprise as Yashin tried to be casual about her somewhat crazy coincidence. ''That's exactly what the necklace said...'' Toro went from shocked to excited as she hugged Yashin. ''Haha, What do those numbers even mean?'' Yashin asks, ending the hug as she helps put the last piece to make the portal home. ''Meh, Nothing you need to know right now.'' Toro pushed the button and jumped in.

Finally, Yashin jumped through the portal as well, with all of her friends waiting on the other side. ''Yashin! What happened?! Where were you?! Are you okay?!'' Jiyu exclaimed, hugging her lifelong friend.  ''Well, we went to an alternate universe and found out-'' Yashin was cut off from her explaining by Toro blocking her view and exclaiming, ''What happens in the alternate universe, STAYS in the alternate universe.'' as Toro whispers to Yashin under her breath, ''It'd be better if we didn't tell them!'' She winked as Yashin smiled and walked outside with her friends, glad to be with the better universe again. 

But Asutoro decided to pay a little visit to a certain someone. She didn't know how she'd stay for long enough but she'd find a way. Most definitely. 

Until then, Cupcake anyone?