Music to My Ears [38]

A large, bright, orange light shone through their rooms as Linette woke up to Jiyu pacing nervously.

Linete yawned, rubbed her eyes and said, ''Jiyu, what are you doing awake so early? Are you okay?'' Jiyu noticed and instinctively grabbed her tail as she replied, ''Isn't it obvious? According to Pico's letter, him, Akarui and of course... Yashin... will be arriving in Khoju today. I guess... I'm just worried that Yashin'll hate me after all that's happened.''. Linette got up and patted Jiyu's shoulder which made her ears lift back up from their previously flopped state, and reassured, ''Jiyu! Yashin is your best friend. Plus, Pico said in his letter that Yashin says she forgives you. Your doubt is holding you back from this beautiful opportunity to level up your friendship!''. Jiyu smiles and hugs Linette, thanking her. Linette then goes into the bathroom to get ready, as does Jiyu in the main room.

After an hour or two, Seiko and Cyrus meet Linette and Jiyu in the lobby. When they do, Conan lets them all know that Meredith is waiting for them at the docks.

The four start heading down to the docks, not waiting for Jinx, as they saw Meredith's ship along with four people standing beside it, one with a pirate hat. ''Ahoy there! The cap'n is back in business!'' Meredith screamed over as she had a large, wild grin. 

The minute Jiyu and Yashin saw each other, they had locked eyes, running toward one another like two bumper cars crashing. Yashin hugged Jiyu tightly as Jiyu couldn't help but sob into her chest and do nothing but apologise. ''Jiyu, it's okay, I'm fine, we're okay! We're together again and that's all that matters, okay? I forgive you, no matter what you do, I'll always forgive you and I promise to be there for you!'' Yashin exclaimed, trying to both reassure and cheer Jiyu up. Jiyu lifted up her head and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand as Yashin smiled, tears trying not to form. 

Meanwhile, Pico and Akarui hugged Linette and Seiko, trying to catch up with everything that's been happening on both sides. Meredith had handed Cyrus the cookies that Pico mentioned Akarui made for the whole squad. After having caught each other up, Akarui jumped up and down and exclaimed, ''Ahhh, You got the gem!!!'' with Linette giggling and saying, ''Heck yeah!''.

Instead of going back to their rooms, they decided to explore Khojumeno Coast along with its huge marketplace. The group had split up to look at all different things and had promised to meet back up near the beach and market's exit where Sweet had told them a rock concert was going on in the afternoon.

Seiko and Pico were looking at a weapons stall, run by the one and only Sass. ''Hey, zombie boy! And you got a friend? Cool. So like anything enough to buy it?'' she said, overlooking her wares. Pico spoke up and had been admiring some high-tech duelling pistols, ''Actually yeah! This tech looks so cool! Whoever invented these must have been a genius. How much?'' then Sass thought for a moment and said, ''Lucky for you, that kinda tech is cheap and easier to work with than regular pistols so, let's say... $20?'', ''Deal!'' Pico got out his wallet and gave Sass the $20 as Sass packed the duelling pistols in a case and gave it to him. Sass then turned to Seiko and asked, ''What about you? Lookin' for a new weapon?'' and Seiko smiled softly and asked, ''No but would it be okay if I head down to your workshop later to sharpen my sword?'' as Sass smiled back and said, ''Sure, knock yourself out, as long as you know what you're doing.'', ''Yep!''.

Akarui had found a bunch of unique tools for inventing and had hauled them in a large tote before noticing Linette in the crowd and walking over to see what she was doing. Linette was looking at a magic stall, specifically, a spell book. ''Excuse me! How easy would it be for a beginner to learn magic from this spell book?'' as the stall owner said, ''Well, it wouldn't be completely easy. But hey, since you're the first that's come to my stall, I'll let you have this here beginner's guide for free alongside that spell book. Trust me, master the beginner's guide and that spell book will come in handy!'' as Linette smiled at them and exclaimed, ''Oh, thank you! Of course, I can't wait! I hope you have a good day, and that your stall gets more traction!'' as she took both books, and gave the stall owner enough money to cover them. Before the stall owner could mention the overpay, Linette said, ''Keep the change!'' as she waved and caught up with Akarui, who was watching nearby. ''Ooh, so you wanna learn magic?'' Akarui happily asked, skipping alongside Linette through the crowds. Linette replied whilst looking ahead, ''Yeah. I think it'd be nice. And hopefully, I can be helpful in battle this way!''. Akarui and Linette kept talking and heading to the market's exit.