The Cat's Downfall [32]

''Jiyu~ Come meet me, my precious kitty~'' The gem on the necklace whispered.

Jiyu's ears perked up. After a few seconds, she shot up and started to panic, realising what happened. Why was the necklace talking to her? Was this really the gem of power? Questions such as this had flooded her mind. Her messy bed hair fell in front of her face as she got out of the bed and was about to take the necklace off. 

''Why can't I- It's like it's glued to my neck-! Ugh, Get off! Get this thing off of-'' Jiyu realised what may have happened. Jiyu had no choice but to brush it off since she couldn't remove the necklace, figuring that's why the dragon lady wanted her to wear it. Maybe she didn't trust humans? She sighed, ''I suppose we've seen weirder...'' and she got dressed. Before she could open her cabin door, about to take some fresh air, the necklace whispered again... ''Jiyu~ I know you're listening... Meet me back at The Abyss~''. After everything that had happened, Jiyu decided to meet them. The heaviness in her heart had been in a state of constant increase up until this consideration. 

Jiyu snuck out of her cabin, using her superhearing and cat-like agility to hide from whoever was around. She made it to the Abyss, expecting a random dragon person but to her surprise, it was the dragon queen herself! 

She stood tall and smiled when Jiyu arrived in front of the caves. ''You've finally made it. I almost began to think you weren't coming.'', Jiyu cut her off, suspicious. ''Cut the crap, What do you want? Surely, me holding onto the gem wasn't all to the trade, was it?''. The dragon queen laughed, maliciously. ''My, You're quite amusing! Fine... I'll get to the point, shall I. I want you to work with me and fight against humans.'', ''As if I would join you!'' Jiyu snapped back in reply. ''Now, Now... Allow me to convince you.'' she started.

''I wanted to be friends with the humans once, but they needed an enemy and so they chose us. Anyone who isn't a part of humanity. Take your little red-head friend, for example... You look upon her with great adoration, holding back all anger and hatred. But she isn't the leader she thinks she is... She is a coward who protects the weak from the weaker, but she can't protect you from me. Why fight the sadness inside you? They've outcast you, joked about your species and destroyed your image. Yet you continue to fight alongside them? They'll never change. She'll never change. Recently, She's become too ignorant to understand that she's pushing you into her shadow. And to her own best friend, no less. But you know this... Yet you do nothing. Join me and together we can open her eyes, open every human's eyes. They will soon understand. We'll make them understand. Help me cleanse this universe once and for all.'' Her words were so heartfelt and yet still antagonistic. Jiyu wanted to resist and hold back... but she couldn't. ''I-I...'' She stuttered. The necklace that was still around her neck was glowing brighter, as Jiyu finally cracked. ''I'll do it.'' and before she knew it, her eyes turned a dark purple and she was now under the control of the dragon queen's manipulation magic. ''Good... Now come on, we have much to discuss.'' The dragon queen held Jiyu's hand and led her inside the cave, as she didn't hold back a laugh.

On the other side of the island, Pico, Linette, Akarui and Seiko were playing a quick game of hide & seek while waiting for Yashin and Jiyu to meet them for breakfast.

Akarui realised the time and said, ''Where's Yashin and Jiyu...? I know Jiyu sleeps in but they're usually both up by now.'' to which Pico also realised and replied, ''Oh yeah... That's weird. I hope they're okay...''. After a bit of pondering, Seiko spoke up and readied his dagger again, ''I'll go check on them!'', ''Good luck!'' Linette shouted to him as he ran in the direction of the cabins.

When he arrived in the area, he saw Yashin come out of Jiyu's cabin with a distressed look on her face. ''Yashin! What happened? Where's Jiyu?'' he voiced as Yashin blurted out, ''I don't know! I decided to knock on her door but no answer, so I went inside just to check on her but she was gone! I've looked everywhere... I don't know what I'd do if I never saw her again... What if she's hurt? Or what if she's off to betray us like Charlie did, or what if she was kidnapped or something?!'' Yashin's breathing got heavier and faster as she was left to think of all the horrifying things that might have happened to her old friend. ''Woah, Yashin, Calm down!-'' Seiko hugged Yashin, trying to calm her at least a little. It worked as she teared up, worried. ''Jiyu is not like Charlie. She's your best friend! You shouldn't doubt her like that.'' Seiko finished as he left the hug and put his hand on Yashin's shoulder. ''You're right... I've known her for years.'' Yashin admitted as Seiko suggested they head back to the others so that they could help look for their missing friend. On their way back, Yashin said under her breath, to herself, ''But what if that's part of the deception...''.

After a few hours of looking, the five found themselves in another part of Nahrahka's village, where they saw Cyrus, who was doing some cleaning.

''Cyrus!'' Seiko exclaimed, happy to see him. ''Oh? What brings you travellers to this part of the island? I should let you know, It's not that entertaining around here...'' Just then, Cyrus noticed how they were all distressed and looked almost lost. Pico explained everything, ''Cyrus, Jiyu is missing! We've looked everywhere and she couldn't have left the Island. We checked with Meredith in case she came by the dock but no, so she has to still be here somewhere... Right!?'' as Akarui put her hands together, pleading Cyrus, ''Please, help us! We're worried!''. When Cyrus saw how worried they all were, he nodded and answered in a serious tone, ''Of course, I'll help! I'll get Iah and some others, and if there's still no luck in about an hour or so then we'll call in Lady Guiz'qao and Viska to help!''. 

They all thanked him and went their separate ways, but before Yashin could run off and keep looking, Cyrus had an idea. ''Yashin, wait. I might know one place you haven't looked... '' he stated as he finally showed a look of worry. Yashin gulped and asked, ''What is it...?'' and he replied. ''What if Jiyu went inside The Abyss?...''. Yashin gasped, almost coughing from the sudden abundance of air she consumed, as she stumbled back and let out a cough, clearing her throat. She didn't say anything. But Cyrus knew what her response was. That's when Yashin ran towards the dragon caves and didn't think twice.

''Good luck, Yashin... And make sure both of you come back safely.'' he monologued as he looked into the distance and saw Yashin run to The Abyss, where unbeknownst to any of them, Jiyu was being misled.