It's Not Over. [46]

Purple, streaky hair lightly blows in the warm breeze.

The owner of this hair was in a library, reading a ship-driving manual.

He then stops to look through the nearby window. He stares into the baby blue skies, lined with rows and rows of jungle terrain.

Additionally, he smiles and gets something out of his pocket. A phone. He opens a messenger app and goes onto a new group chat. He types the phrase, ''G'morning guys! How are you all?'' into the text box and presses the horizontal arrow beside it, sending it. 

It was immediately seen by a blonde witch-in-training who bares the title Princess of Crystopia. She places an unfamiliar spellbook on her bed, where she was sitting. Picking up her own phone, she then opens the message sent by the user 'Pico' and replies to it with, ''Good morning! I'm okay. What about you guys?'', pressing send and replacing her phone with her spellbook, reading it again whilst waiting for another message.

Another user joins the chat as he responds to the original message, ''Seiko and I are fine! Seiko'll say hi later, he's focused on training right now.''. The zombie that the user mentioned was pretending that a training dummy was a person he was enraged at. During this, another user by the name 'Akarui' finally sees the message. She puts down her wrench and rolls up her dark magenta sleeves, double tapping on the messages which shows she has acknowledged the group chat but is not in a position to reply at that moment.

Finally, the last two members of the group chat see the message and respond together; ''We're good! Just exploring our favourite areas!'' said the maroon-haired one as the blonde one beside her also replied, ''Yep! Hope you guys are good!''. After having sent their replies, they put away their phones and begin walking in a familiar forest.

The blonde cat, Jiyu, was walking backwards, talking with her dark green-eyed best friend, Yashin. The sparkling green grass blew in the light breeze and was flattened with each step.

Suddenly, Jiyu noticed a bush she had seen before. She ran over to it and ushered Yashin over, pointing at it. Yashin tilted her head as Jiyu let out a reminiscent laugh. She then spoke, ''Don't you recognise it? It's the one I hid behind when we saw each other in the forest... the day our adventure officially began!'' Yashin noticed Jiyu's large smile and sad eyes, she then put a hand on her shoulder and agreed, reminiscing as well. ''Oh yeah... I remember how you jumpscared me! Haha...'' the two started to laugh as they kept their long walk through the forest. Yashin then thought of something and waited for her laughter to calm before asking, ''Hey Jiyu... what were you doing in this forest back then anyway? Like, how'd you find out about the temple?'' Jiyu smiled as Yashin awaited her answer. ''Well, I was sorting out old history textbooks I kept from school but then I saw a page on some secret temple that historians called the 'Temple of Secrets' and well, you know me! I was on an excitement-high so no matter what, I'd have gone to the temple that day.'' Giving a sad smile, Yashin held Jiyu's hand as the two looked forward in non-awkward silence.

After a few minutes, they arrived in front of a mossy, cracked stone wall, barely keeping up its structure and if it weren't for the pillars below, it would have collapsed by now. The two girls breathed in and out in sync, preparing to go back into the temple that started it all. One last time, they wanted to properly look around. Maybe even find something as a keepsake to remember it all.

They carefully retraced their steps, following the old path into the treasure room hidden below the mossy, overgrown exterior. As they were traversing the rocky ground, Jiyu thought back and recalled the riddle that was supposed to help them defeat Itazura. ''Hm... 'When shadows take over, darkness looms. Cast aside, all creature's homes. To take back the throne, in which inlaid. Unite all creatures, those unslain. With temples heart as one, save the sane and kill the shadows fun.'... We never did solve it.'' Jiyu said in an almost regretful tone. Yashin reassured her that they probably made the right decision as the two had reached the treasure room which was somehow still full of a variety of high-value items. Jiyu reached for a random object which was shaped like a cube and made of gold. She then gave a cheesy grin and joked, ''I guess we're back at square one!'' as she showed Yashin the cube and Yashin burst out laughing. The laughter was contagious as Jiyu dropped the cube and laughed alongside her best friend. After a few seconds, they calmed down as Yashin was lost in thought over the day's events. This is when she recalls the riddle Jiyu recited and realised something about it.

''Jiyu... Do you remember that one part in the riddle that we were all confused on...?'' Yashin stared deep into Jiyu's golden eyes as Jiyu thought long and hard before realising the same thing that Yashin did. They both dashed for the exit and ran as fast as they could back to their friend, Pico, who was studying in the local ship-driving school's library. 

After half an hour, the two were out of breath but had finally reached their destination. They found Pico sitting at a table with an older man pointing to a section of the book he was reading as the two had been talking. 

Not noticing the man helping Pico, Yashin and Jiyu try to explain what they found out but it was hard to hear as they didn't stop to breathe. Pico then said, ''Hey wait, catch your breaths first! Jeez, how long a distance did you run-'' Pico was cut off and Jiyu explained, ''We went back to the temple we first met Itazura in... and I recalled the riddle and... and-!'' Jiyu was cut off by Yashin who had caught her breath and was ready to properly explain and let Jiyu calm herself. ''Pico... we have to get the others and carry on. We found out the most important part of the riddle.'' Yashin finished explaining as Pico widened his eyes in shock. He then looked around and realised his surroundings, finally introducing the man helping him. ''Well- This is my uncle and ship-driving instructor!  And before you ask, no, he didn't get mad about the GalacticArc!''. The man gave an awkward chuckle as he spoke softly, ''Yeah, our family tend to be naturally bad drivers but Pico is actually one of the best of us! Im just giving him some advice about navigating through fog and the like... Though from what I hear, he did a pretty good job with that and more!'' Pico's uncle then started chuckling a bit as he quickly stopped to ruffle Pico's hair. He then continued the conversation with, ''So, you're thinking of continuing your great adventure?'' smiling, he closed Pico's book, as if to tell him that he should take a break. Yashin smiled and said, ''Well, actually we're getting back to it... We gave up, y'see...-'' she was cut off as Pico's uncle said, ''Gave up?! I thought you just took a break to look at your riddle from a new angle! That's what I always do when I can't figure out what's wrong with a ship.'', Pico then replied, ''But uncle, we were tired and things had just gotten tougher and tougher!''. 

As he finished explaining, Pico's uncle raised an eyebrow and then started to speak in a more confident tone, ''Now now, boy, did you forget what I taught you? When the going gets tough, the tough get going! Don't let a little challenge break you down, the universe is huge and limitless! I say, don't give up until you've explored every inch for the answers you need! Here are my two cents... Do what you can to help while you still can. I know from experience, it'll make your life worth living.'' he stopped for a second to look at the time and sighed to himself. ''Sorry kids, Id love to stay and talk more about your adventures but I've got an appointment waiting for me in the ship hangars! See you later!'' He waved goodbye as he rushed off.

Looking back at the table Pico was now standing in front of, Yashin says to Pico with a light smile, ''Your uncle is a wise man...'', ''Hah, I know!'' Pico says as the three then explain things to the group chat and prepare for the continuation of their adventure. It was time to save the world, whether from death or injustice, they'll keep trying.

On the way out of the library, Jiyu looks up to the sky and thinks... 

''Heck no, you're not winning this yet, Itazura... This is SO not over.''.