THIRTY SIX (RW)

Hello! I've decided to rewrite the next couple of chapters. They will have an indication that they've been edited in the title. I thought to do some revision after reading it a couple of times, I realized it didn't make sense and it seemed rushed. So, for those who have read the old version I hope the newer ones will be better!

(Y/N)

I looked up at the sudden friendly...giant? It made no other hostile moves when I told it to stop. Instead, it continued to stare at me in wonder, still crouched down. It retracted its hand when I made no move to get on it. I turned my head to the side when I heard movement and it was only Kuro making her way closer to me.

"This is...really freaking weird." She told me, glancing at the giant nobody. "This thing...I've never seen it before."

Feeling a sudden protectiveness over the 'thing' she mentioned, I reprimand her which surprised myself. "It is not a thing!" I snapped, then reeled back in shock at what I said. "S-Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I just felt...protective over it all over a sudden when you called it a thing."

Kuro chuckled, an amused glint in her eye. "What are you, their mother now?" I puffed my cheeks out in annoyance. "Well ain't that adorable, you're a mother now!" As if on cue, smaller creatures appeared and gathered on the side of the giant.

I couldn't help but noticed they seemed a lot less hostile than before, as if recognizing me. They all peered at me in a way I found adorable, like lost puppies.

"You're oddly calm after almost getting trampled by one of them." Kuro spoke again. "A little out of character if you ask me." But nonetheless she crouched down as one of them neared us. I reached a hand out and it 'sniffed' it before nuzzling it's head against my palm. Then it eyed Kuro curiously. She did the same as I and let it sniff her palm, it nuzzled it as well.

"Okay now that was pretty cute." As she said that, the others began approaching us cautiously. We were soon surrounded by them, however, I see no need to have my guard up around them so I relaxed, and got on the ground to rest.

A sigh left me as another of the small creatures approached me and nudged my arm with its head. I felt myself smile and lift my hand to give it a soft pat on the head. It let out a purring sound and perched it's head on my lap. I let out a quiet 'Aw' and continued to give it pets.

It was a tranquil moment until I realized I had forgotten something. The Giant nobody stood where it was and 'stared' down at me as if waiting for me to give it orders or something. The little ones tried playing with it and that was quite the amusing sight. Seeing a giant figure, still as a statue, with little versions of itself trying to play with it that are the size of it's palm.

Somehow I felt no fear towards the giant creature, unlike before. It's as if...I know or feel connected to them somehow. But how?

"You look deep in thought there, I hope you haven't forgotten that we need to find a way out." Kuro interrupted me from my thoughts.

"Don't you find this a little odd?" I answered back with a question. "Just moments ago we were about to go head to toe with...this thing." I gesture to the giant who titled its head in confusion. "Now it seems like we're all buddy-buddy with them."

Kuro hummed in thought, processing it. "You are right." I looked at her and saw her eyes trained onto the giant thing until her eyes widened then snapped her head to me. "I can't believe I forgot!" Confused, I opened my mouth to answer but she continued. "(Y/N), they're like me!"

Excuse me?

"What do you mean they're like you?" I asked, feeling anxious.

Her eyes hardened, a serious glint in them. "Do you remember how you made me come to life?" I nodded, not understanding where this was going. "Do you remember those creatures you used to make up in your head when you were little?"