THIRTY ONE

Hi everyone! It's been a long while since the last time I was on here. I've been constantly caught up with work and it's exhausting me but I'm getting enough sleep most of the time. Since I finally have some time off without having errands to do for once, I decided to update!

It's not much, I think. But slowly but surely I'll update when I can, I'm starting to get back into my writer's phase. Which yes, I did have a writer's block at one point. But after going back and re-reading my stories, it sparked certain ideas that could be added.

Onto the chapter!

----

(Y/N)

"What do you mean mom lied to you?" I asked my brother, confused out of my mind. "I thought you knew what you were doing this whole time you messed with me?"

Vincent sighed, ruffling his hair agitatedly. "That's what I thought too until I overheard mom talking to a figure in a black coat." A certain figure appeared in my mind but that couldn't be right, he's gone now. "If you really want to know, I suggest we get out of here first."

I rose a brow at him. "We?"

My brother huffed, looking over to the side and I saw a faint pink on his cheeks. "Yes, we. Now that my eyes have been opened up to the truth, it's about time I stop supporting that old hag." I bit my lip to suppress a giggle and a cough came out instead. Vincent got up from the bed and held his hand out to me. "Let's go."

I stared at his hand then look back up to him. Upon looking closer, his expression softened and I saw the shadow of my previous brother, the one who cared before throwing me to the side like mom told him to. My eyes began to water and I threw myself at him, wrapping my arms around him. We nearly fell backwards but Vincent held us both up. I heard him splutter up nonsense but kept a grip on me. "What's the big idea?"

Immediately I pulled away, using one of my hands to quickly wipe away the upcoming tears. "N-Nothing." I can feel his stare on me as he huffed once more and began walking towards the door.

"We need to be quick. That woman is asleep right now, I made sure to check before coming here, but she's a light sleeper so we need to be quiet as well." He opened the door quietly, looking both ways before beckoning me out of the room.

I followed behind Vincent and it was the only time I saw my surroundings clearly.

We were...back home?

What?

I tugged on his sleeve, causing him to stop and look back at me. "Are we...back home?"

My brother nodded. "It was a place that your friends couldn't find us, they can't go back to the real world if they aren't real to begin with." As harsh as those words may be, this is reality.

"Yeah...I know." Yet my heart felt heavy agreeing to such words, but I get to see them soon, right? I felt a tug on my hand as my brother began moving again. I don't know how long we were sneaking around but we stopped in front of this door. Vincent began muttering under his breath and a string of light began to emit from the cracks of the door.

He reached for the handle until he snapped his head to the left. His eyes widened as he opened the door quickly and dragged us through it. By the time the door closed I heard the angry yell of our mother.

We were surrounded by a bright light that I had to cover my eyes for the time being, shielding it with my hand. When it died down, I noticed we were on Destiny Islands. I looked around to see it was only us two that occupied this place at the moment.

"Vincent?" I glanced down at our hands, still holding onto each other. "Why are you having a change of heart?"

His grip on my hand tightened for a bit until he let go, letting out a sigh. "Because I was told to do those things to you, by her." He began walking away from me and I walked after him. We walked side by side as he continued talking.

"Mom just---had a change of heart one day. She dragged both Damien and I to her room to talk, she told us to start being mean to you. Of course, I objected and so did Damien. That is---until she implanted fake memories into our brain that surged unknown anger towards you." He stopped walking, turning to face me. "Deep down I knew it was all fake but they all seemed so real. You...she...she made you a monster in our eyes."

"But...why?" I asked. "What did she even keep me around if she hated me so much?"

"Because you weren't from this world to begin with."

...what?

"Wh-What do you...?"

Vincent smiled sadly. "You aren't from this world---the real world---you belong here. In Kingdom Hearts."

It felt as if a boulder was thrown at me. I couldn't believe what he was saying. I...I can't be from this world, I played this reality called a video game growing up!

"D-Don't be silly Vincent! I can't be from a video game!" I shakily laugh, trying to joke it off. "Sure it must be nice but it's impossible!"

However, when I tried looking at him in the eyes again he was tearing up a little. Wait...so it's true? He used his sleeve to wipe his eyes and a broken laugh escaped his lips. "Now you know why I feel so lied and cheated to. This whole time, mom took you away from a place you called home to us."

Then the unbelievable happened.

Vincent broke down.

"Th-This whole time you weren't my sister, but I treated you as if you were. Now to come to this revelation that you aren't? Just how much was mom hiding from us. I did find it odd how you looked nothing like Damien and I but that didn't stop me from accepting you into the family." Tears flowed down his cheeks as I stared in shock, because I've never seen my brother look this vulnerable before. Not since...he began treating me differently. "It felt nice to have a sibling, especially a sister. You were---no, are---precious to me and Damien. And I won't stand by any longer to be fooled by that woman I called mother."

Before I even noticed, I had embraced Vincent in a hug. Nor did I notice that I had my own tears flowing down my face as I hugged him close. I felt him arms around me and tried comforting me. I felt like laughing, shouldn't he be the one being comforted right now?

"Even if I'm not biologically your sister, I still consider you and Damien my brothers." I said to him, placing my head on his shoulder. "Now that the truth came out, it doesn't change anything between us. I'm just glad...I got my other brother back."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." He apologized over and over again. I shushed him, ignoring my own waterworks. I was about to say something else until I felt another presence loom over us. Before I could even check who it was, the moment they spoke made me cry harder.

"Welcome back (Y/N), Vincent."

Vincent and I turned our heads to see Damien join us and wrapped his arms around us. "You're home."

The corners of my lips lifted up into a smile, letting out a cheery laugh. "We're back!"

----

Now that the truth is out, here is the million dollar question: who do you think she's related to?

It's kinda obvious but I wanna see what you guys think!