TWELVE

Quick A/N: I just remembered that the last chapter, majority of it was lowcase which I didn't mean to do. I was updating my jimin fanfic which is mostly in lowercase form and I forgot to use capitals in this Sora story. Sorry about that. I might change it or leave it idk.

---

Sora chatted with you animatedly, a smile gracing the features of his face. His eyes lit up as he was talking to you, no longer did his chest feel heavy. Maybe it was because he finally reunited with you. He was happy to be with you again. However he stopped mid-sentence of what he was talking and you looked at him in concern.

"Sora?" You called out to him. "You okay?"

The boy shook his head, a blush suddenly appearing on his cheeks. "Y-Yeah." He rubbed the back of his head nervously. "Its nothing."

You rose a brow at him but decided to not push the matter any further. "Alright."

He began talking to you again, happily and excitedly, except there was a fluttering feeling in his chest every time his eyes connected with yours. It was a familiar feeling he used to feel towards Kairi. Except now it was different.

He felt it now only around you.

In the back of his mind, he was confused. He thought he liked Kairi but after witnessing how she acted towards you it began to change. He appreciated that she tried to comfort him when he was depressed about you, but he didn't like the way she talked about you when you first met her.

Kairi used to be such a sweet and kind girl, she always knew what to say when he was feeling down and they've been through so much since the beginning. Hes been there for her since she washed up on the sandy shores of Destiny Islands, who was one of her first friends when she couldn't remember anything about her home town.

It was also the beginning of why he began to like her. He was so protective over her when the three of them; he, Riku, and her, and all he wanted to do was be with her again but fate had something else planned for them.

Just like he said before, just when he had her again each time she manages to slip through his fingers. When he finally got her home safely after the final battle at the Keyblade Graveyard.

Yet when he came back himself all he thought about was you.

What was it about you that got him so intrigued?

Maybe it was the way he connected with you? When you told him about your hardships, he felt something.

That something was sadness and hurt.

Everyone always saw him as happy-go-lucky, but inside he was just as hurt and tired as everyone else was. They just never asked. They never asked him if he was okay. Just one normal smile from him and everyone assumed he was okay.

He really wasn't.

Then you came along, you understood his hurt. Something that not even Riku has done for him before.

A/N: Okay, I'm pretty sure Riku might have done something like that in the games but for the sake of the story lets say he didn't.

The hurt you felt with your family, is the same feeling of hurt he feels of being pressured as a guardian of light.

You watched as he once again stopped talking and just stared. Blinking once, you didn't know how to feel as he was staring at you so intently. Your cheeks began to feel warm but you didn't bother breaking contact with him.

Tilting your head to the side, you reached out and poked his nose. "Sora?"

Sora blinked, looking confused for a second before realizing what he did. "Ah," He grinned bashfully. "I spaced out again, didn't I?"

You giggled at him. "Just like when we first met. You heads was in the clouds all the time when we talked."

He pouted. "Was not. If someone were to have their heads in the cloud it would be you." The brunette grinned mischievously. "You always did space out."

Now it was your turn to pout. "Was not!"

While the two of you were arguing about who spaced out more, they didn't know the pairs of eyes on them as they bickered. Everyone had their eyes on them when they started talking. They all wanted to talk to you but Sora immediately pulled you away to talk with himself.

Himself ONLY.

Vanitas, though, finally walked over and plopped himself next to you which broke you away from the conversation. You gave him a smile, which he returned but it more looked like a smirk than a smile. Sora greeted him too and soon all three of you were talking.

Ventus took that as a chance to also head on over and join the conversation, as well as dragging his twin with him. Roxas rolled his eyes playfully but let the blonde drag him to the trio. Soon enough they were all in their own little world.

"Well, there goes that I guess." Axel spoke.

"Indeed." Isa nodded. He turned to Donald and Goofy. "So, where to next? If we head back to the islands..." Everyone knew what he was implying and they didn't want a repeat of you running off again.

"Hmm..." Goofy thought. "Why don't we head to Twilight Town? We can all eat at Little Chef's bistro!" At that suggestion, majority of the people in the gummi ship, their stomach growled.

Goofy laughed his signature laugh. "Twilight Town it is."