FOURTY

MISERY/KURO

I fluttered my eyes open, dazed. I was able to notice I was lying down and my head feels like it was on someone's thigh. Confused, I turned my head to see Vanitas who was looking straight ahead.

...

...

...wait what?

WAIT WHAT?!

I sat up quickly and scooted away from him in a frenzy. My face felt like it was on fire and I stared in shock at him, whereas he didn't appear bothered at all. Aside from the amused glint in his eye, he appeared normal as if I didn't fall asleep on his thigh. Wait, why was I—

"So you decided to wake up, Sleeping Beauty." His bemused voice spoke. "I thought I'd have to kiss you to wake you up, unfortunately you woke up before I could."

"Wh-What?" I spluttered. "Y-You—"

Vanitas burst into laughter and my eyes widened at the scene in front of me. I knew he had softened up a little, but to think he'd be able to look like that made me happy. Once he was done laughing, his smirk was replaced with a grin. I blinked and narrowed my eyes at him.

"If you need a recap of why you where lying on my lap, is because you fainted love." My heart skipped a beat at the endearing name and the memories from before resurfaced, I knew he was telling the truth.

"Can I ask why are you calling me that?" I couldn't help but ask him. "That sounds like a name for someone special."

Vanitas went silent, avoiding my eyes and I caught a faint blush on his cheeks. "If I'm being honest, I don't know. It just slipped out and somehow I think it suits you." He responded, finally making eye contact with me. "Plus it's funny and cute seeing your flustered reaction to it." There goes his smirking again.

I huffed and puffed my cheeks, annoyed. "Wow, so should I do the same then? I wonder what I should call you?" His smirk fell and he appeared dumbfounded, it only spurred me on to think of a name to get back at him. "Hmm, what about—darling?"

"Don't you dare—"

"Oh come on darling, it's not that bad." I snickered, enjoying the look on his face. "You love me, don't you?" Vanitas muttered under his breath and I leaned in close to his face, raising a brow at him. "What was that, darling?"

He glared and me and pushed my face away, surprisingly gently. "Nothing, love."

Oh—it's on.

TIME SKIP

(Y/N)

I didn't know whether to be happy, confused or amused at what I'm hearing right now. But one thing for sure, I was happy with this sudden development between those two—Misery and Vanitas.

However I'm not too sure what to think about the sudden name calling the two of them called each other. I sent a knowing looking in Misery's direction but she avoided my gaze along with Vanitas. I was now curious on how this happened, what had occurred while I left those two alone?

It did warm my heart seeing those two get along, minus the endearing names they call each other, I was worried there'd be tension between the two. Seems like I was wrong. I gave myself a mental pat on the back on the succession of getting those two closer.

Sorrow, Hatred and Despair noticed the sudden development between the pair and watched from a distance. I can tell the three of them cared for Misery a lot and were looking out for her, while they haven't fully trusted Vanitas they were slightly happy to see her happy. Hopefully it won't cause any conflict between all of them. That would be a headache to handle....