TWENTY FOUR

(Y/N)

Oh my god, here we go again.

I eyed Kairi warily, not liking the sickly grin on her face. It looked too fake to be real.

"What do you want Kairi?" I mustered out. "Here to trash talk me again?"

A flicker of emotion appeared in her eyes before it disappeared, it almost seemed like guilt flashed through them but it was gone too soon.

Kairi stares at me intently, her face void of emotion. It was starting to make me slightly uncomfortable but I held my ground and stared back.

"Weird, I would've thought you'd be broken by now." Were the words that slipped out of her mouth, causing me to gasp at her. "Seeing your dearly older brother wasn't enough for you to stay away? How sad, he came all this way just to see you."

"Y-You—How do you know that?"

"I called them here, duh!" Kairi replied, as if it was obvious.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Why did you bring them here?"

"I though I made that clear? I WANT SORA BACK." I jumped when she began yelling, an almost crazed look in her eyes. "HE WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH! HE IS MINE, MINE, MINE!"

Woah there Miss Yandere, since when was Sora an object to you?

"Since when did Sora become an object?" My eyes narrowing into a glare. "Last time I checked Sora belonged to himself, there's no label on him that he belongs to someone."

"HE DOES!" Kairi screamed at me. "He and I shared a paopu fruit together! Which means he and I belong together, forever!"

My glare faltered, remembering that. She got me there—if it only happened in this timeline.

Apparently Sora never got to share the fruit with her—because with everything happening before there wasn't any time to be sentimental.

So, it never happened.

She lied.

But I kept my mouth shut, since she doesn't know I know the truth. So I played along.

"Okay, and?" I rose a brow at her. "What does that have to do with this?"

"It means he and I are destined to be together!" Kairi finished, grinning triumphantly.

I really wanted to roll my eyes but I held myself back.

"Okay, and?"

Kairi looked at me confused. "Aren't you gonna cry or something? You're usually not this confident, at least from what your brother told me."

"So?" I was really getting fed up with her. "What does my life have to do with you? Do you see me prying into your personal life? No, I'm not. Yet Miss detective over here wants to start a search party for mines."

She looked taken aback from my attitude, only then I realized it's because I was annoyed and hurt earlier.

"So if you really have nothing else to do but pry into other people's personal matters, then you really have nothing to do in life but be a snoop." I finished, somehow getting my anger out on her a bit felt good.

"Wh-What?" Kairi took a step back, shocked. "Sh-Shut up! You know nothing outsider!" She glared heatedly at me. "Don't get so cocky when everything is just getting started!" Then she turned an ran away.

What the hell?

And here she told me I was being cocky when she literally ran with her tail between her legs.

Loser.

I suddenly let out a snort, using one of my hands to cover my mouth. Did I just really think that? Wow, that's a first.

"Well, that was impressive." I turned to the side and saw Damien. My eyes lit up and I ran to him, he opened his arms wide as I ran into them. His arms wrapped around me as mine wrapped around him.

"Damien!"

"You did good, little sister. Now let me do the rest." He hugged me tight before pulling away. "And don't get mad at your friends for not trusting me. After what happened to you, it's only fair I get partial of the blame."

"But you never once hurt me like Vincent did! It's not fair..." I pouted sadly.

"But they don't know like how we do, no?" Damien said, making me look up at him. "They don't know what we know, and that's fine. When the time comes and everything is over with they'll come to trust me. The only person that matters to me right now is you. As long as you trust me that's all I need."

"Damien..." I watched as he pulled away and patted my head.

"I'll be back before you know it." In a blink of an eye he was gone.

I bit my lip anxiously, his words replaying in my head.

Maybe I shouldn't have been too cold with them, they were probably looking after me but I snapped and ran. Guilt began to consume me.

"(Y/N)?"

I turned around so fast and my heart skipped a beat seeing who it was.

"Sora?"

——
Hi everyone! I'm here with another update! Sorry I haven't been updating this story, I'm on a short sick leave for work so I decided to update this while I had the chance, hopefully it was good enough. I apologize for any errors and such.