TWENTY SIX

(Y/N)

Though, I am wondering now—what does that make Sora and I?

I mean, we did just share the paopu fruit together, doesn't that mean something? I might have not been here that long but I've grown a close relationship with him already, almost a little too fast. We were still at Destiny Islands, just the two of us.

It could be he just feels really strong for me, but I know somewhere deep down that Kairi still has a special place in his heart. After all, he said it himself in the game.

"I feel strong when I'm with you."

As much as I don't particularly like the ship anymore, I can't help but coo at how mushy Sora is around her. It was too cute. He was always soft when it came to her—now, I'm not so sure. I feel like I took her place without meaning to.

"You okay?" Sora's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "You seem deep in thought."

I bit my lip anxiously, should I ask him?

"What does this make us, Sora?"

Sora blinked once, twice, three times. "What?"

I turned my head to face him, ignoring the erratic beating of my heart in my chest. "What does this make us?" I lifted our intertwined hands, as if to further clarify my question.

He looked at our hands as I placed them back down, but he didn't break them apart. Instead, he held on a little tighter. "What do you want us to be?"

I let my grip on his hand falter a bit before I tightened it. "Something more, but I know there's someone else isn't it?"

Kairi.

"No."

I snapped my head up when my gaze faltered after talking. "What?"

He held his gaze with mine and I couldn't look away from how strong it looked. "Whoever you're thinking about, it's not it." Then his expression softened. "Did you really think I'd share a paopu fruit with just anyone?"

But then what happened to what you said in the first game?

"Thinking back now, it's all in the past. This is the present." His lips quirked up into a small smile. "You're my present, not her."

Wait what?

I didn't want to assume but....

"Still doubting me?" Sora chuckled, he lifted our intertwined and placed a kiss on top of mines, moving his hand out of the way so that mines laid on top.

I'm pretty sure I was a blushing mess! Sora didn't move from his place, he opened one eye and stared at me. His lips were still on top of my hand and I was about to turn my head away in embarrassment until he pulled away slightly. "Don't look away. I want you to see that what I feel towards you is real. I'm not asking you to say something right now, but all I want to show you is that I really like you."

There it is, THERE IT IS.

I let out a gasp, my eyes going wide. "Y-You like me?"

Sora nodded, fully pulling away from our intertwined hands and setting them back down in between us. "It's only been a short while but somehow I feel connected to you. I feel strong with you."

I shook my head in denial. "You don't even know half of it..." I muttered before saying what I wanted to say. "Coincidence? I think not."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember the boy I told you about?" I asked him, from the corner of my eye I saw him nod because I faced forward. "Do you know who he is?"

A look of confusion spread across his face. "Do I know him? How can I?"

I let out a laugh, shaking my head. "He's actually closer than you think——you know him very well."

Sora crossed his arms across his chest, momentarily letting go of my hand. "Hmm, I don't know. Is it Riku?" He peered at me, slight jealousy in his eyes.

"No, it's not Riku. Although I did have a slight thing for him before." I answered.

Sora huffed, his cheeks puffing out into a pout. "Everyone likes Riku..."

"I'm surprised you didn't catch on, since I gave away a lot of details about them." I gave him a side smirk.

He thought it over once more, before his eyes widened and he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye. "Is it me?!" While pointing at himself excitedly.

Nodding my head, I fought down the laugh that bubbled in my throat. "Yes, Sora, it's you."

"I never knew you thought of me like that." He said, looking forward like I did. "I was only doing what my heart was telling me to do, I'm nothing special. Wait..." I feel him place a hand on my shoulder and turn my body to face him. "Do you like me too?"

I blushed, averting my eyes to look anywhere but him. "D-Did I say that? Ahahaha..." I let out a nervous laughter. When I tried looking at him again, he was closer than before my breath got caught in my throat. "S-Sora?!"

The corners of his lips perked up ever so slightly. "You didn't answer my question; do you like me too?"

I numbly nodded.

He placed his forehead against mine, blue eyes staring into mine. "Then that's all I needed." Closing his eyes, I felt him grab my other hand and held it in his.

Somehow that made my heart melt and I couldn't help but let a smile of my own escape. The way he looks so happy, eyes closed and all. I felt my eyes close on their own, gripping his hand back.

It almost felt like home.

——

THIRD

Two figures stood in the distance; a boy and a girl.

The boy watched another pair not too far away, a ghost smile on their lips. Meanwhile, the girl next to him continued to stand there idly, eyes set on the pair not too far from them. Her hand clenched at her side until she relaxed, letting it go.

"Even after seeing this, you still want to tear them apart?" The boy said to her, turning his head to see tears form in her eyes.

She let them fall, making no move to wipe them away. The corners of her lips perk up so slightly in to a faint smile. "No."

He rose a brow at her. "What made you change your mind?"

She didn't look at him, continuing to stare at the couple in front of them. "If she makes him happy—who am I to take that away from him? I guess I've been a little too selfish lately."

"A little is a bit of an understatement." He chuckled bemusedly.

Now she turned her head to glare at him. "Shut up." Before looking forward again. "I just—I've been thinking."

"Thinking about?" He asked.

"Maybe it's time I let it go; let him go." Her eyes squared onto the boy. "I just wish, maybe, he could forgive me after what I've done."

"He has a heart of gold, that boy." He also stared at the one she looked longingly at. "But you need to let him decide for himself, he saved you countless times already. Give him a break."

The girl nodded. "I know." Her eyes then stared into his. "Thank you, Damien."

Damien smiled, turning to look at her back. "No, thank you for having a change of heart

Kairi."