FOUR

"He was home, he was in his Sanctuary...until he realized his Sanctuary was you."

---

    Sora wasn't himself, and his friends knew that. The moment he didn't even rejoice being back together with everyone, they knew something was terribly off. Everyone tried everything in their power to bring the ball of sunshine back...but nothing seemed to work. He wasn't that broken; he still answered when talked to, he still smiled here and then but it didn't reach his eyes, he was still alive on the outside.

    No one knew what was wrong with him. Wherever he was at, something must've happened. But he wouldn't tell them. What was sad was he couldn't even look at Kairi in the eye like he used to. It was as if she made him this way but no, it wasn't.

    It was because she reminded him of you.

    She reminded him of what it was like to lose someone precious to you.

    And you were precious to him.

    Kairi was hurt that he began avoiding her as if she were the plague; and when she does get the chance to talk to him its only a simple nod of the head or a curt answer. He wasn't the Sora she knew and loved, she didn't know how to handle this Sora. This not-her-Sora.

    Eventually Riku managed to crack him and have the beans spilled. It was not what he expected though.

    "She was right in front of me, Riku. I had her but now I lost her." Sora told his best friend. "I...I can't get to her anymore. Shes...shes gone."

    It didn't take Riku long enough to put the pieces together: you meant something to Sora. Maybe even more than what he had with Kairi. So much happened in so little time but you managed to get into his heart. And Riku can tell his best friend cared about you a lot.

    "Sora, you don't believe that." Riku responded after he was told of everything. "I know you don't. You'll find her again, we'll all help you find her." He gave his friend a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. "If you can put our hearts back together before, then I'm sure you can do the same for her."

    It took Sora a moment to take in what he said and when he did, he realized he was right. Maybe, just maybe, he can piece your heart back together again.

    Piece your existence back together again.

    Then once all of it is over with, you can finally start your new life here...with him. With everyone.

    Sora looked at Riku, determination in his eyes. Riku smiled, now this was the Sora he knew. "You're right Riku. If I did it once then I can do it again, if it meant getting her back." The brunette was determined to get his friend back. The moment he left he felt a piece of him was left behind, like he had a hole in his chest.

    He was going to get you back, no matter what.

    So, after the two were talking some more, with Sora more like himself now, they set off on the Gummi Ship to Yen Sid to find a way to get you back. What the duo didn't notice though, was a certain short-haired redhead watching in the distance as her friends flew away on the ship. They didn't notice the loneliness in here eyes, nor the single tear falling down her eye.

    When they got to the tower, they immediately went inside and gently barged into the top room of the tower. Master Yen Sid already looked like he was expecting them, since he had a thoughtful look on his face. His eyes gazed at the duo with a hard stare, Sora and Riku kinda felt intimidated but they were set on their task.

    Sora opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Master Yen Sid. "I know what you are here for Sora, Riku." He took a moment before speaking again. "Unfortunately you won't find an answer here. For what you seek is the impossible, you got lucky once but I wouldn't count on it a second time."

    "But--"

    "Forgive me Master Yen Sid, but surely there has to be a way." Riku cut in before Sora could speak more. "If Sora had the power to restore our hearts at the Keyblade Graveyard then he can do it again to save a friend. His friend."

    Master Yen Sid closed his eyes for a minute, in deep thought, before opening it again. "This is different Riku. There is one thing that you all have that she doesn't: a purpose for living in this realm. To be blunt, she possesses no existence to where we are. She cannot live in a world she doesn't exist in, it doesn't work that way. I'm sorry."

    Sora looked distraught, the light in his eyes slowly diminishing back to its blankness. But the light came back after a minute, looking more determined than ever. "I can find a way, I know I will. I have to." He looked down in thought, "I just have to."

    Riku glanced sadly at his best friend before looking back at the Old Master. "We'll find a way, this is Sora we're talking about." He chuckled. "Knowing once he has his mind set on something its hard to undo it."

    Master Yen Sid sighed. "Sora, Riku...I told you it is impos---" Before he could even finish the word, Sora summoned his keyblade and forced open a portal. To where, they didn't know. Without a second thought, Sora ran in with Riku trailing right after him. The portal closed right when Riku entered.

    The old keyblade master stared where the portal once was. "Like I said...impossible."

---

I know...this is a fanfic, why add something realistic? Well, why not. It adds on to the drama in a way plus I've seen a lot where the reader just magically fits in like it nothing. Not like theres anything wrong with that though. Its the author's decision not mine. But this is my story sooo yeahh.

So, I just decided to be a bit realistic about the whole situation.

--You're in a realm of the impossible, do you really think it would be that easy to fit in? Especially with the knowledge you hold of the realm/universe?--