TWENTY TWO

(Y/N)

'What the hell are they doing here?!'

My oldest brother, Vincent, stared down at me with that annoying smirk of his. Whereas my second older brother, Damien, stood next to him looking bored as usual. But I see the familiar warmth in his eyes he only shows me when it was the two of us.

Before I could open my mouth, the moment I blinked they were gone.

Oh.

I shook my head lightly. I shouldn't be so worked up just by seeing them, I don't even know why they're here...well, besides that they want me back.

But why show up now?

It was suddenly silent around me and I looked at the group to see them frozen solid, as if time was frozen. Oh wait, they are. I stood up in alarm, even Kuro was frozen! I was about to shake her until a voice prevented me from doing so.

"Well, well, well. Someone seems to have finally found a place to slither into." The voice mocked, and I knew who it belonged to. Not too far from me, Vincent stood with Damien at his side. That cruel smirk on Vincent's face was present, making me irritated.

"What do you want?" My voice was firm.

"Awe, can't we stop by for a visit?" Vincent continued, feigning hurt. "I haven't seen my dear sister since she left. I almost missed you." That last part stung a bit, even though I should've been used to it by now.

"Vincent." Damien's monotone voice spoke. "We only came to see her, not start anything."

"Oh come now, dear brother. This calls for a celebration! For our reunion!" Vincent threw his arms up in the air in mock excitement. "The three of us are together at last!"

"Oh cut me the bullcrap, you know that isn't true." I crossed my arms across my chest, glaring at my brother.

"Don't be like that, (Y/N)." Vincent pouted, putting his arms down and back to his sides. "Is that how you treat family?"

"Family my ass." I snapped back. "You never once cared about me once I had my powers! Now look at you, you're the one with the power to stop time yet you still treat me the same and not like before!"

"Shut up!" Vincent snapped. "Just because you got your powers first doesn't make you high and mighty to talk back to me!"

"Vincent." Damien tried to calm him down but was ignored.

"You think you're so special just because you can go places? Oh please, I HAVE THE DAMN POWER TO STOP TIME BUT WHY DOESN'T IT WORK ON YOU?!" Vincent yelled in anger. "IF IT DID THEN WE COULD'VE JUST LOCKED YOU AWAY FOR GOOD."

My eyes widened in alarm, feeling hurt all over. "Is that what you really want? To keep me imprisoned forever like some statue?" I felt my eyes began to water. "I always knew you hated me but not this much."

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!" Vincent glared fiercely at me. "God your voice is so annoying! I'm leaving, let's go Damien." However, Damien made no move to leave. "Damien, let's go."

"You go, I have some business to talk with our sister." Damien made no eye contact with Vincent and kept his eye on me. "Go."

"Tch, whatever." Vincent clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Just don't take too long." He opened a portal of darkness and walked through.

I felt my shoulders drop but I didn't let the tears fall. "What, are you hear to trash talk me to?" At this point, I don't even know who to trust anymore. Damien's secret act of kindness could all be fake from the beginning. I don't know.

"(Y/N)..." Damien's voice softened, making me look up at him. He opened his arms, as if asking for a hug. The familiar warmth in my chest came back and I ran into his arms, hugging him tightly. "I'm sorry about Vincent, he's changed."

"I can see that..." I mumbled into his chest.

"But always know, I'm here for you." I felt him gently pat me on the top of my head. "I don't care what mom, dad, or Vincent say. I will always, be there for you."

"Just like before?" My voice cracked with emotion.

"Just like before." I felt him peck the top of my head and I finally let the tears fall. So I did have someone to trust after all. I can trust Damien.

----

Hello! Happy New Years everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and a new beginning to a new year.

I'm well rested and I have some ideas on what the next couple of chapters are going to be. So, I decided to update with this chapter for now.

Until next chapter!

Also, has anyone played LoZ: Breath of the Wild? I've JUST finally started playing it and I've been hooked on it for the past couple of days. I'm not that far into the game, I only defeated one of the beasts but as of right now I'm just exploring and doing whatever shrines I come across. Tell me, what are you thoughts about the game? Sorry for the random thought.