SEVENTEEN

(Y/N)

You're worthless.

Jolting awake, I swore I heard my mother's voice just now. As if she spoke to me face to face.

No one will ever love you.

Snapping my head around rapidly, my eyes frantically scanned the room. No one was there but me. Until I heard a soft snore from the floor. Looking down I saw the figures of a sleeping Sora and Roxas, both lying next to each other on the futon. Unlike that one time, there were space between the two as they were knocked out cold.

Did you really think they care about you?

Wincing as if I've been slapped, I lied back down as calmly as possible and turned onto my side with my back facing the boys.

I was wide awake now and I don't feel like trying to go back to sleep.

It's only been a day and they're attacking me again.

The voices. The ones inside my head.

They'd come and go, but each time giving a blow to my already weak heart. It didn't help that it sounded like my mother was talking to me. I never really liked my parents but I disliked my mother more.

She was the one that started it all.

The neglecting.

The emotional pain.

The thorn embedded onto my side.

My dad only followed her lead, then my siblings. Pretty soon I was all alone.

Then I had Kuro, she kept me company. My family saw me more like a freak whenever I would talk to her, since to them it looked like I was talking to air. It didn't matter that time, I had someone to talk to.

When my power emerged, they feared me.

Called me more than just a freak.

A monster.

But what harm can simple teleporting do? It's not like I have super strength or I can move object with my mind. No, I can only go places. Literally.

So you tell me, where's the harm in that?

Well, to my family, it's a way for me to catch them off guard and maybe kill them one day. While I never want to kill anyone, Kuro found it very tempting to kill them. But I told her not to.

Now you're probably wondering, but didn't they do me wrong? Yes, the emotional pain is still there but I try to not let it get to me—mostly. I've endured so much, I think I can hang on a little longer.

But that doesn't mean they didn't use words.

Other than treating me like I'm not there, when they have their bad days they take their anger out on me. Yelling, cursing, and screaming they threw insult after insult as if were my fault. How was it my fault when I didn't even do anything? But I said nothing and took it, because arguing with them would be pointless. They would only insult me more.

So all in all, I never once felt welcomed in my own family. If you could even call them that. I'm more on my own now, an orphan you could say.

What is a mother's love?

What is a father's guidance?

What is a sibling bond?

I have no clue what these are, and I won't be finding out anytime soon.

You're nothing but a monster.

No...that's not true!

I curled myself into a ball, biting my lip to prevent a whimper coming out. I didn't want to wake up Sora and Roxas. I couldn't let them see me like this. Not now.

Pretty soon they'll leave you, then you'll have no one.

Stop it!

You can't hide from the truth, demon child.

I'm not a demon! I'm a human being!

Says the human who can teleport. That's not normal, is it? See, a monster.

I'm...I'm not! LEAVE ME ALONE!

Oh you'll be alone alright, just wait until they see you for the monster you are.

No... they wouldn't. They said they wouldn't.

Yet I can't help but think, deep down, there is the possibility of it happening. I don't know whether or not to stop it from happening or just let it happen.

I felt tears prick my eyes and I hastily wiped them away. I stared idly at the space in front of me, only the soft snoring coming from the two on the futon were heard.

And the sound of my broken heart shattering even more. Even if it were to be put back together, it would only break even more.

Like the shimmering hope that I have of finding a home.

Only to dim as the stars shine brighter.

———

Okaaay, another chapter update! This time a little more angst and some background about her family! Possibly more to come in the future. A bit short of a chapter too. Sorry about that.

Now I'm starting to get back into the angst/drama. But who knows, that might change!

Also, I'm gonna start doing point of views! I feel like I should've done that from the start but oh well. There's always a time for change.