TWENTY NINE

(Y/N)

When Sora and I got back to the apartment, it was empty. I let got of his hand and called out Roxas' name.

No one answered.

Confused, I turned back around to ask Sora if he knew where Roxas was at---only to find him gone. I hesitantly took a step forward, calling out Sora's name this time until a chilling voice answered back. It was a voice I never wanted to hear ever again.

"Miss me, my dear?" My mother's voice sneered, appearing right in front of me. I jumped back in shock only to bump into someone's chest. Turning around, my brother Vincent smiled eerily at me.

"Hello there, princess." I heard the sarcasm in his tone. "Didn't anyone ever teach you it's not polite to bump into people and not say sorry?" He took a step closer to me but I took one back.

"She was never the one to learn her manners, so why even bother teaching her?" My mother retaliated, annoyance lacing the way she spoke. I was confused and afraid, why were they here? Do they have to do with Sora disappearing?

"Don't worry, your little boyfriend here is safe." With a snap of her fingers Sora dropped down from the ceiling, landing with a big bang on the floor. I was about to run to him before I felt my arm being twisted behind me and getting restrained. Sora groaned in pain as he slowly got up, holding his head.

"What happened...?" His eyes slowly opened and saw me. "(Y/N)!" He summoned his keyblade and took a defensive stance. "Let her go!" He eyed the person behind me and glared at both my brother and mother.

My mother laughed haughtily, moving to stand next to me. Her long nails caressed my face, I winced when the sharpness of one of them grazed my cheek. I heard Sora sneer in anger, but he stayed in place in case they did more to hurt me.

"Sora..." I called out to him weakly, causing my brother to laugh behind me.

"We'll just take her now, we have no use for you pretty boy." Vincent said, tightening his grip on me and twisting my arm more. I had to bit down my lip to prevent myself from groaning in pain. Instead I stared straight at Sora, trying to send him a message. His stance loosened very slightly and his expression fell. He lowered his keyblade as well.

My mother and brother took that as a distraction and a portal opened beneath us. She fell through first, laughing maniacally. I was beginning to loose the feeling of the ground under me as I heard Sora call out my name. Instead, my brother threw me first and then jumped in himself. The last thing I saw was Sora reaching his hand out to me.

SORA

No...this can't be happening! I can't believe I let my guard down for a second and let her get taken! I gritted my teeth in anger until I heard Roxas' voice call my name.

"Sora? I heard (Y/N) call my name but the door to my room got jammed. I had a hard time opening it." He seemed to notice the tensed atmosphere. "...where's (Y/N)?"

I explained what happened minutes ago and his eyes flared in anger. Roxas let out a spur of curses as he took out his phone and called someone. I let him do his own thing and paced around the living room in deep thought.

Why did they take her? For what? It doesn't make any sense, not only has Kairi showed up again (Y/N)'s whole entire family came to get her back! I pulled out my phone and hesitated for a bit but dialed the person's number anyway.

"Hello?" Damien's voice said on the other line. "Sora? What did you need?"

I let out a breath of air. "Your mom and Vincent took (Y/N)." I said, getting straight to the point.

"WHAT?!" He screamed. "Where are you? Tell me where are you!"

"I'm back at Roxas' apartment."

"I'll be there." Then he hung up. I pulled the phone away from my ear to look at it oddly, but at the same time I wasn't surprised at the sense of urgency in his voice. By the time I turned around Roxas was off his phone and looking stressed. I approached him slowly, trying to calm him down and I can see he was trying his best to not lash out at me if it weren't for the situation at hand.

The doorbell began ringing and he went to go answer it. A moment later a panic-stricken Damien entered but what surprised me was that Kairi was with him! I gave her a look of curiousity but she avoided looking into my eyes. I was taken aback by this.

Roxas crossed his arms, looking sternly at Kairi with an unhappy expression. Kairi shuffled around awkwardly and stood behind Damien. Huh, since when was she so close with him?

"Sora." Damien rushed over to me. "I need to know exactly what happened, you need to tell me everything." So, I repeated everything I could in perfect detail. But I was getting distracted, all I could think of was (Y/N). I can't help but be uneasy knowing that she got taken away and I let it happen.

How stupid am I?

By the time I was finishing telling Damien everything, I walked away to stand in the kitchen. I passed by Kairi and from the corner of my eye I saw her reach out to me...then she pulled her hand back. I gave her a side glance and she looked conflicted. Her eyes met mine for a second before she stepped back. A little hurt but I shook it off the best I could, and entered the kitchen to drown in my sorrows for a bit.

(Y/N), don't worry I'll find you.

I promise.