TWENTY

(Y/N)

"My...my what?" I let out after a minute of silence. "Did you just say...my family told you?"

Kairi chuckled. "Who else?"

"When?" I demanded. "When did you meet them?" I have to know!

"That's for me to know and you to find out." She smirked. "Riled up now, are we?"

I growled. "Kairi. That's my family, I have the right to know."

"Oh?" Kairi rose a brow in amusement. "Now you call them tour family? After what they did?" She taunted me.

"It's just a name, a label." I answered. "But they are nothing what the word itself means."

"Wow. Ouch. Harsh much?" She feigned wincing in pain. "No matter. All that matters is, they want you back. If I give you to them, I'll be happy. Everything will be back to normal."

I rose a brow at her. "And how do you plan on doing that?"

Kairi smiled which sent chills down my spine. "Now where's the fun in telling you? You'll just have to wait and see." Her smile fell and she became serious. "So you better watch your back, outsider." She turned around and left, and once I heard the front door close I fell to my knees. My eyes traveled to the room where the boys were at. There was an aching feeling in my chest and I felt like crying.

Should I tell them? But that will make them worry and I hate making people worry especially if it's something I caused.

But they trust me...who am I to break that trust?

But Kairi...Sora's other best friend since the first game. It's getting screwed up now because I came here. He is losing one of his friends because of me. He says it's not my fault but I can't help it if it is.

'His friends are his power...but one of them is already being stripped away from him.' I thought dejectedly. 'He needs to keep that connection, cause I know how much she means to him.'

I faintly hear the sound of a door opening, my eyes moving to Roxas's room and seeing his door open. I can see the slightest blue hue of their eyes peeking through the crack. Giving them a faint smile, the door fully opened and the two of them rushed to me. They fell to their knees on either side of me, questions spilling out of their mouth one after the other.

I was getting a bit bewildered from the questions being thrown at me so I gently shushed them, Sora and Roxas did stop however they bit their lips in anticipation.

"It'll be okay, but I think I need some time to think to myself." I gave them both a pat on their shoulders before getting up and heading to the front door, before I left I turned my head back one more time. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." Then I left Roxas's apartment.

I didn't know where to go but my feet took me to the sandlot. Coincidentally it was vacant, only I was there. I took a seat at one of the benches there. My hands were placed on top of my lap, clasped together. I literally feel...numb. All emotion must've been wiped from my face right now and my infamous resting face is present.

Did my family really want me back? I find that really, really hard to believe. They didn't want me before, but now they do?

"They're getting to you, aren't they?" I didn't have to turn my head to see who said that. From the corner of my eye I can see Kuro in a similar position as me. "You know you're not alone in this, right?"

I idly nodded, not finding myself to give a verbal answer.

Kuro sighed. "You're being mute again." I shifted my eyes to her, still not saying anything. "I know you do this when you're scared, afraid. But you need to know something." Her eyes stared into mine. "You're a lot stronger than you think, (Y/N). Don't let the past haunt you."

"How can I?" I mumble, barely above a whisper. "All my life I was locked away in that damn room of a basement."

"You're out now, aren't you? That's all that matters."

"They want me back, Kuro. They must want something." I was still confused on why Kairi of all people. "I don't get it though, why Kairi? Isn't she suppose to be a Princess of Light?"

"Her heart has been tainted, (Y/N)." Kuro said, grimly. "She's been taken over by envy, envious of you because you're close to the one person she cherishes the most: Sora." My eyes widened at that. "I sense no light within her at all. That Kairi is gone."

No...that can't be. Kairi is as nice as Sora, she wouldn't give in to some jealously. She's suppose to be nice and understanding...yet this Kairi is so unnerving and bitter.

"I know that face." Kuro broke me from my thoughts, I looked at her weirdly. "You're thinking of the good side of her, right?" How did she know? "After what she did, you still care." She shook her head while sighing. "Sometimes you're a bit too nice. Just like someone we know."

I blinked, looking at her in confusion. "Who?"

Kuro chuckled. "Take a good guess."

Pouting, I crossed my arms and looked away from her. "You know I suck at guessing." She only laughed in response. Hearing her laugh made my lips curl up a bit but I didn't laugh, I didn't want to give her the satisfaction.

However, Kuro stopped laughing so suddenly. "Uh, (Y/N)?" I hummed, turning my head back to her. "Look." I looked to where she was point and when I saw who she was pointing to my body froze.

There stood Sora and Roxas, with everyone(not Kairi) else gathered with them.