SPECIAL #4

Cause seeing y'all comment A Whole New World lyrics in the one Vanitas chapter got me inspired 😂 Don't worry, I'll continue with the main story soon. I just wanted to write this up while it's still fresh in my mind.

So here is a chapter dedicated to Vanitas.

Y/N

"Okay but really, have you ever wanted to ride a magic carpet?"

"Are you seriously asking me that right now."

I pouted, seeing Vanitas not taking me seriously. It's a genuine question!

"Yes, I am seriously asking you this right now." I crossed my arms across my chest. "Because I want to."

"What, so you can see a whole new world?" Vanitas sarcastically sang the words.

"Did my ears deceive me? DID I JUST HEAR YOU SING?!" I dramatically gasp, holding a hand to my chest. "I NEED TO TELL VEN THIS!"

"What? NO DON'T TELL HIM!" Vanitas grabbed my phone before I could. "I'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT FROM HIM!"

"Then answer my damn question!"

"No, I never wanted to ride a magic carpet." He replied in a monotone voice. "Now can we talk about something else?"

My jaw dropped in surprise. "How can you NOT want to ride on a magical carpet? It's a magical carpet!" I threw my hands in the air, making swooshing motions. "I should ask Sora if he can get me one."

Vanitas raised a brow in question. "I'm pretty sure there's only one magic carpet in existence, I don't know if Aladdin is willing to let you borrow if for a day."

"I never said it had to be here, I can just go to him instead." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"You, alone with him?" He scoffed. "Not a chance, I'm coming with you."

"Well, I never said right now either." I laughed. "Why are you so protective all of a sudden? He's a friend, plus, he has Jasmine."

"Doesn't mean he doesn't find you attractive..." Vanitas mumbled, but I barely heard a couple of words.

"What was that?" I asked, wanting him to repeat it.

"Nothing." He quickly responded. "So, next topic?"

I was currently in the Land of Departure, hanging out with Vanitas. Ever since I settled down, I haven't really gotten the chance to see him after we met in the Realm of Darkness.

Ven, Terra, and Aqua were out somewhere but they said they'll be back later. I have no idea what they were doing but Vanitas clearly didn't want to be a part of it. That's fine, that's why I'm here to keep him company! Ven actually called me to do it, since he didn't want Vanitas to be left out or alone. It was sweet of him so I agreed within a heartbeat.

It's only been an hour or two since the trio left, Vanitas and I were chilling on the staircase up front. We sat on the stairs and chatted as the clouds passed us by. A cool breeze would blow by us once in a while but it was that chilly either of us needed a jacket.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna go get something. Stay here." He firmly commanded, so I nodded and watched as he went inside.

I waited a couple of minutes until he came back with a thin blanket. He then draped it over my shoulders, I jumped a little not expecting that at all, but relaxed immediately when I noticed the blanket.

"Oh Vanitas, you didn't have to." I fiddled with the soft, warm fabric.

"Better you than me." He shrugged, taking his place back next to me.