NINE

Vanitas stared at your retreating form, moving farther and farther and farther away from him. He felt this unknown emotion within him, it was a foreign feeling. To add on to that, the moment your tears fell the feeling intensified. He didn't know how to handle this new feeling, he didn't like it.

"Tch, sensitive brat." Yet as he said that, his eyes continued to glance in the direction you ran off to. "Get lost for all I care...I don't...care..." He trails off, looking down at the sand.

The amber eyed boy sighed. "For fucks sake..." He got up and ran in the direction you went. "You better be okay, you idiot."

----

Sora stared at the spot the portal appeared and disappeared, the heavy feeling in his chest returning.

You left.

He just got you back and you slipped away from him again. The boy did nothing but stare, falling to his knees.

"Sora!" Alarmed, Riku kneeled by his friend. "You okay?"

Sora stayed silent before mustering out a broken "no." The boy became teary-eyed, his hands falling onto his knees and looking down at them. "I just got her back Riku." Sora cries. "Now shes gone again." He looks up at him. "How am I going to get her back now?"

For once, Riku didn't know what to do. You could've been anywhere, you basically know all the worlds so its hard to know which one you went to. He could only stare at Sora with sad eyes, lost himself.

The others, except Kairi, gathered around the fallen pair. They all looked concerned, Sora was more broken than ever. Xion kneeled down on the other side of Sora, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, we'll find her. And we'll bring her home." She sends him a reassuring smile. "She can't be that far, Sora. Knowing you, you'll be able to find her again."

Namine nodded, agreeing with her. "Don't give up now when it just started. You have to at least try Sora. She came here because of you, find her and bring her home." Everyone else nodded along, agreeing.

However, there was one who didn't.

"Why even bother?" Sora snapped his head, staring wide -eyed at Kairi. "Everything can be back to normal now that shes gone. So why bother?"

"Kairi!" Aqua reprimanded her. "You have got to stop this, right now! How can you still say that? Don't you care about how Sora feels?" Xion and Namine both narrowed their eyes at the female redhead. "I thought you cared the most."

"I do---"

"No, you don't!" Namine interjected. Everyone, even Kairi, looked at her in shock. It was different from her shy and timid manner; she was furious. "You don't care." And this redhead used to be her Somebody.

"Namine---"

"No." The blonde shook her head. "Enough with the excuses. Why can't you be accepting at least this once? You accepted me, Axel, Isa, Roxas, and Xion!" Her lips trembled and eyes watering. "Why can't you do the same for her?"

Kairi opened her mouth to respond but closed it, saying nothing instead.

"Namine..." Roxas stepped forward, standing next to her and placing a comforting hand on her lower back. Namine immediately took comfort in him, snuggling herself to him and he let her, holding her close to him.

Roxas looked at Kairi with a hard stare. "You're different from what I remember, from what Sora remembers." He pursed his lips into a line before speaking again. "And you call yourself his best friend?"

"Roxas!" Everyone shouted at him, staring at the spiky blonde in shock.

"What? Its true." He gave them all a glance before looking at Kairi again. "Shes not the Kairi we all know."

It was silent, but slowly everyone agreed to what he said. She wasn't like this, so why is she acting like this now?

"Kairi..." It was Riku who spoke. "I think its best if you stay here while we look for (Y/N)."

"What? But---" She was cut off again, but not by Riku.

"Because you're not Kairi. If you were, I would've let you come. But this isn't her, you're not her." It was Sora.

"Sora..." Kairi looked at the brunette, shocked. "But shes taking you away from me!"

"No." Sora shook his head. "You're taking me away from her." He got up from the sand, backing away from her and summoning his keyblade. "Shes my friend Kairi, just like how you used to be. You never kept me from my friends before, so why now? Can't I have friends?" He opens a portal and starts walking to it, his back to her. "I'm going to find her, with your permission or not." He walks through it.

Riku gives her one last look before following after him. Soon everyone did, except Axel, who looked solemnly at the girl he came to knew since the Mark of Mastery Exam. She stared back at him, eyes almost pleading.

"They're right, you know. You've changed...I liked the old you better. I've memorized her more than the new one." With that, he walked into the portal and it closed behind him.

Kairi now stood alone on the sandy shore of Destiny Islands. Her hands clenched into fists as tears streamed down her face. "Its all her fault..."

----

Vanitas ran and ran and ran looking everywhere for you. He couldn't find you no matter where he looked, its almost as if you disappeared. The boy was beginning to worry.

Wait, worry?

Vanitas worried?

"Am I...worried for her?" He questioned himself, holding his chest as if it were on fire. "I'm...worried?"

"Nah...I can't be. I can't feel emotions, at least, besides negative emotions. Still..." Vanitas paused for a second, thinking real hard.

He didn't even think someone like you would put up with someone like him. Ventus always bashed on him being on the darkside but can you blame him? Vanitas is the darkside! But you...you treated him as if he was his own. That he wasn't just darkness.

Monstrous groans broke him away from his thought, then he heard a yell of pain. It sounded awfully familiar.

Then his eyes widened.

It was you.

"You idiot!" He started running over to where he heard you. He could only hope you didn't do anything stupid.

---

Annnd here is another part! I decided to jump between the realm of darkness and destiny islands. I wanted to at least talk about the group's reaction to you leaving. I hope I didn't overdue it cause now they don't like Kairi. The new Kairi.

But hey, at least you have Vanitas there with you. Even if he pissed you off, he still went after ya.