EIGHTEEN

Somewhat long author's note before you start reading!

Again, I've been busy with college and finals but now that's out of the way I can finally have free time. Although that time might also be short since soon I'll be out and about trying to start working(finally). 

I've just seen the comments about the next update so here it is!

I lowkey didn't know where this chapter was going but I hope it was good enough since about half of it I wrote when I was still in school and I had small free time. I kinda lost some motivation to keep me going but ever since the Re:Mind trailer came out I've been on my butt playing Kingdom Hearts again for the heck of it and it somewhat gave me inspiration to write again. So I miight be updating again, I just have to plan out how the chapters are because it's kinda going back to being angsty/dramatic.

Though, I appreciate those who were patient until I updated and those who have been liking this story so far. I'm still in shock that y'all find it good. But hey, if y'all like it then I'm not complaining. Just happy about it!

Now that I've said what I wanted to say, let's get on to the chapter!

------

(Y/N)

Ever since Kuro showed up again, she's been hanging around. When Sora and Roxas came back from wherever they went, I held back in telling them about my shadow friend. Kuro said it wasn't the time to mention her, so I took her words to heart and waited until she said it was time.

Sora was beginning to sense something was wrong with me but I brushed it off with me just being tired. That worried him a little but I told him I kept taking naps during the day which resulted in me sleeping late. He told me I should minimize my naps so I would be sleeping on time. I told him I would take his words into consideration.

Roxas, on the other hand, was a bit more sharper than I thought he was. He would catch me staring at parts in the room and opening my mouth as if to talk to someone. When I do catch him staring, I immediately try to assure him it was me just daydreaming. Though knowing him, he wouldn't believe it yet. Pretty soon I was able to deceive him. I remember Kuro laughing to herself in the corner when it happened. I had to make sure Roxas or Sora wasn't looking before I sent a glare her way, annoyed in her behavior. She only continued to laugh at me. I didn't like lying, but in a way it was true I daydream a lot.

However, I did have something against Kuro that she thinks I don't know.

One time, Ven and Vanitas came over to hang out. When Vanitas wanted to spend time with me instead since he wasn't that of a social butterfly like Ven, I caught Kuro staring at him in a way a school girl looks at her crush. I inwardly smirked at that.

Kuro has a crush on Vanitas.

When I accidentally let out a snicker, Vanitas asked me if I was okay. I waved it off and told him I was fine, just thought of something amusing. And it was. Kuro was too busy staring to notice me sending a smirk her way. Luckily Vanitas didn't seem to notice or he would really think something was wrong with me.

I noticed Sora was home but Roxas went to hang out with Hayner, Pence, and Olette. At least, thats what Sora told me. He also looked pretty excited about something, when I asked him about it he told me he was taking me out today. Well, I'm not gonna say no to hanging out with Sora. He was happy with my response when I told him I'd be happy to spend the day with him.

It wasn't anything special, just the usual going around town and stuffing our faces with ice cream. It's a miracle he hasn't gotten a stomach ache from all those ice cream. Then again there is Roxas....

Though there was one thing I found odd. Sora was a little flustered today than usual, which made me think if I did something wrong to him or not. His hand also kept brushing against mine so I took the initiative and held it cause why not? Now, I'm usually not that bold but for some reason holding hands with him seems natural. It's not like we're together or anything, but holding Sora's hand feels...nice. I feel safe and secure.

Sora, on the other hand, became even more flustered when I did that but he didn't let go. He only held on tighter before pulling me along like the hyper person he is. It brought a smile to my face that he wasn't as flustered anymore.

So now, it was just us hanging around the forest near the abandoned mansion. People would find it creepy but the quiet atmosphere was actually calming. He and I were sitting against one of the trees. Nothing was said between the both of us, and I can see that he was in deep thought about something.

"Sora?" He hummed in response. "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm okay." But the smile on his face looked strained.

I frowned. "No, you're not." I turned to face him more. "What's on your mind? You can talk to me."

The smile on his face vanished almost immediately. The look on his face became somber. I waited for him to say something, but I wasn't expecting the next words that came out of his mouth.

"Kairi's here."