TWO

"He was your Sanctuary. He helped Face Your Fears and taught you to Don't Think Twice when it came to what you want."

---

    You actually had fun talking to the boy, Sora. He had this aura around him that you couldn't help but want to be around all the time. Sora always had this friendly grin on his face but it didn't reach his eyes most of the time. You noticed it usually came around when he was talking about his friend, especially the one named Kairi.

    The boy looked so heartbroken talking about her, you can hear it in his voice. His face expression might be one thing but his voice gives away what hes feeling. You were starting to think he liked this girl named Kairi, seeing as how he talked so fondly about her.

    "Shes the whole reason my journey began. Just when I thought I found her again, she slips through my fingers just like in the beginning." Sora talked. "I'm going to find her and I'm going to bring us home."

    The word 'us' struck you a bit, you knew he was talking about her and him, not all three of you. Which probably meant...

    'Hes going to be leaving soon, or at least in the near future. Then I'll be...'

    You listened  to him talk on and on and on, not that you minded. You liked hearing him talk about his adventures, it was something you don't hear everyday; especially from a video game character.

    Yeah, you heard that right. You know hes from a video game. In fact, the moment you laid eyes on him you knew who he was and where you were. It was a miracle to actually go to a place that was completely fictional but then again with the power you have anything can happen.

    Maybe this is what your heart desired? To be in a world where you can be free?

    Kingdom Hearts is a world full of mystery and conflict, but with the bonds of friendship you can overcome nearly anything. Sora has taught you that, at least, when he was a character on the screen but now you're sitting like right next to him listening to his adventures up close.

    "So whats your story? It doesn't have to be all your life, maybe just talk about the highlights of your life?" Sora turned his attention to you, eager to learn about his new friend.

    You hesitated a bit, is your life really worth telling? Even to someone like him? "Well, theres not exactly a lot to say. All my life has mostly been negative, never once have I experienced something positive. Even when it does seem to happen, fate seems to like twisting things on me last minute."

    Sora now looked concerned. "What? Not even one happy memory?"

    Thinking back into your thoughts, surely there was one memory of some sort. "Hmm...well, there is one."

    "Really?" Sora now leaned in closely to hear what you have to say, a smile on his lips. "Tell me!"

    A small smile formed on your lips. "There was a boy, and he taught me some things that I never knew about. That even in the dark there is some shed of light shining through. All my life I thought I was alone, until I met him. But, he had to go away and I never really saw him again." Little did he know you were talking about him. "I always wanted to meet him again, so, I waited. I waited and waited and waited, until I saw him again." And you did.

    "Hey," He placed a hand on top of yours in a reassuring grip. "I'm sure you'll see him again, hes probably waiting for you too. Somewhere. So don't give up on him."

    You nodded at him. "I know, I never did."

    Sora nodded. "Good." He then turned to face forward again, deep in thought. The boy didn't even notice he still had your hand in his. It felt...nice.

    The both of you didn't say anything to each other for a bit, just basking in the silence of each other. You didn't mind it but you found it odd for the boy next to you. He is usually a chatterbox but this time he wasn't; you knew the reason why.

    'If maybe I had the power to turn back time, I would switch places with her in a heartbeat. Anything to make him happy. After all, their destinies are intertwined.' You thought, but if that had happen would you still get the opportunity to meet him like this? Probably not.

    "I also think you'll see her again. So don't worry Sora, not all hope is lost. You will find her again and the two of you will be together, along with your friends." You tried assuring him. It seemed to work because after saying that he snapped his head towards you in shock until he smiled at you. This time it did reach his eyes.

    "Thank you." He said, and he meant it.

    "No problem." You replied.

    He could leave any time now but you chose to bask in whatever time you had left with him, you didn't know how long until you were alone again. What you didn't know was the boy was planning on taking you with him anyways. After all, your hearts are connected.