SPECIAL #3

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are doing well, sorry for not updating in a while I was busy going job hunting and so far so good!

I can see so far a bunch of you don't like Vincent 😅 which is expected because he is portrayed like a bully to (Y/N). But I haven't seen much towards Damien, he is more or less the 'good' brother. So, I decided to dedicate this chapter on what makes him different from his brother. Also, which means there will be pure sibling fluff in this chapter!

——

I remember you always being the nice one of out of our family. While the rest of them treated me like trash, you were the one to take care of me instead.

I winced as I tried to treat the scratch mark on my cheek, mother slapped me again for dropping a plate and her nail scratched me. There were about three claw-like marks it almost looked like an animal had struck me instead.

"I wonder why they treat me so badly?" I uttered to myself and I tried disinfect the wound but I winced in pain every time.

"(Y/N)..." I heard a voice speak softly from behind, turning around I saw Damien with a small frown on his face. "Did they hurt you again?"

Idly nodding, I saw slight anger in his eyes before it went away. "I accidentally dropped a plate..."

Damien sighed. "No, you didn't. Vincent pushed you and blamed you, didn't he?" How did he know? "He couldn't keep his mouth shut about it." Oh, was it that loud in the kitchen? Then Damien took a step towards me, taking the first aid kit from my hands. "Here, let me treat your wounds. You look like you were struggling anyway." I felt my cheeks warm up in embarrassment, I heard him chuckle making me pout.

Still, I couldn't help the warm feeling in my chest knowing there was at least one person who cared about my well being.

I always thought you were faking it, pretending to care. After all, Vincent cared before but that all changed when I got my so-called 'power.' So whose to say you'd be the same? Yet you proved me wrong.

"Vincent." I whimpered, his grip on my wrist hurt. "You're hurting me, it hurts."

Vincent clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Stop bitching and complaining, god for once just be quiet!" I flinched at the harshness of his voice, I bit my lip to silence the pained whimpers from coming out as he roughly dragged me across the house.

"Vincent." I heard a stone-cold voice call out. Looking in the direction of the voice I saw Damien. His amber yellow eyes pierced mine laced with anger but not at me, at Vincent. "What are you doing?"

"Tsk, I'm hungry so I'm making her cook for me."

Damien narrowed his eyes at him. "Gerald already cooked lunch, so, leave her and go eat."

Vincent rose a brow at Damien. "What did he cook?"

"Lasagna." Was Damien's curt response, and I saw Vincent's eyes lit up.

"Nice!" He then roughly pushed my away from him and ran towards the dining room. I braced myself for impact but instead felt a pair of arms around me. Opening my eyes I saw it was Damien who caught me.

"D-Damien?" I asked.

Damien steadied me on my feet before looking down at my wrist. Following his eyes I saw the faint outline of a hand and bruising. I frowned, Vincent was a little too rough this time.

I flinched in pain when Damien took my wrist into his hand, examining it. What surprised me next was that he gently kissed the bruised area, making my cheeks warm at his display of affection. I was too shocked to pull away so I stared at him instead.

Damien then looked up, smiling. "If anyone ever hurts you again, come to me. I'll help ease the pain, even if it's temporary."

I can still remember his gentle grip on my wrist, much different from Vincent's hard one.

But it still hurt when you had to pretend to be the bad guy when the rest of our family was around. Your actions weren't as harsh as them, but actions speak louder than words so you just standing there while I took it all felt like a slap in the face from you.

"Stupid bitch!" I cried out in pain as mother backhanded me, sending me to the floor. "Who said you could talk back to me?!"

I held my throbbing cheek as father, Vincent and Damien stood not too far behind her. Father and Vincent's held disappointment but Damien looked like he didn't care at all.

"B-But I didn't—AH!" She backhanded me again, this time her nail scratched my eye. I whimpered as I moved my hand to cover my eye, I think her nail cut somewhere above it. I can feel something wet and the smell of metal hit my nostrils which meant I was bleeding.

"Now look what you've done, you're blood is staining the floor!" I saw some droplets of blood hit the floor, but was it really my fault? "Ugh, disgusting! Clean this up!" I then heard the sounds of her heels biting the floor indicating she was walking away.

I hear Vincent laugh as he turned to follow mother with father following silently. Looking up I made eye contact with Damien who had a pained look in his eye, but knowing the rest of the family were waiting for him, he turned around and followed suit.

Not once did he look back.

It's different now, right? You're here with me again after we 'reunited' being away from each other for so long.

"(Y/N)." I snapped out of my thoughts to see Damien standing in the doorway. "Breakfast is ready, come on, Sora and Roxas are waiting."

I stood up from the bed, but not before closing my journal and putting it on the desk. "Coming!" Damien reached his hand out to me to grab. Without hesitation I took ahold of it and his fingers interlaced with mine. The familiar warmth in my chest came back as I looked at our intertwined hands.

"(Y/N)?"

Shaking my head, I smiled at my brother. "I'm just glad you're here. You won't leave...right?" As a response Damien raised my hand to his lips, gently kissing my wrist and I knew the answer.

"I'm not leaving."