THREE

"He was your Sanctuary...but he already had his own."

---

    You couldn't tell how much time has passed, but it felt like an eternity when the final moment came. Sora was leaving. You didn't want him to leave but you didn't want to hold him back for a selfish reason of your own; he deserved to be happy. So, you let him go with a smile despite the ache in your chest.

    However, you didn't know was that he didn't want to leave. Not without you. You think he would leave that easily? No, you were his friend and he didn't want to leave a friend behind. He just didn't know if he could bring you with him or not. Sora wanted to, he really did.

    A faint smile was present on your lips when a portal opened. Your eyes shifted to the boy standing next to you, sadness was evident in your eyes clear as day. Sora noticed and mentally frowned. The thought of you being alone in this realm gave him an unsettling feeling in his stomach.

    "Hey, you're not having second thoughts are you?" You told him. "You get to go home, to your friends and family. At least be a little happy about that?" However the moment you looked into his eyes you saw the emotions he was feeling. After all, after getting to know him you can read him like an open book.

    "Sora..." You trailed off, your voice sounding sad at the end. "Go, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me."

    The boy shook his head, a frown now visible on his lips. "I...I can't. I can't just leave you here. Can you just come with me instead? I'm sure the gang will love you!"

    As much as that sounded appealing to you, it wasn't your place to intrude. After all...you're not from this realm. You didn't exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe. How could you have a place here?

    "Sora...you know I can't." And he knew why, but he still wanted to try. "I don't exist here Sora, I'm nobody. I can't just jump into your life like that! Its yours...not mine."

    "You may not have a life here but that doesn't mean you can't start a new one." That struck you harder than you anticipated. "You have a choice (Y/N), only you can decide your fate. Don't let anyone or anything tell you otherwise."

    He did have a point. For once, you felt happy knowing that his boy was real. That you can see him face to face, talk to him...and become his friend. Everything that has happened was nothing but a blessing to you. But...

    Sora gasps. "No!" He tried reaching for you but it was too late.

    You looked down and saw what made him so distraught: you were becoming transparent. However, you felt no pain, only a lightness in your chest.

    You were vanishing.

    "W-Wait, this can't be happening! Not...not again!" He tried grasping for your hand but it only went through like nothing was there. "No...not you too. I can't lose you too..." The boy sounded like he was about to cry.

    However, thats not what bothered you. From the corner of your eye you saw the portal slowly shrinking, and who knows when it'll open again. So, without a second thought, you pushed the boy into the portal. Miraculously you were able to touch him, but not the other way around.

    "(Y/N)? What are you doing!" Sora could see you disappear little by little as he stood on the other side of the portal. "Hurry, take my hand!" He reached his hand out to you but you made no move to take it.

    A ghost smile appeared on your face. "I'm glad I met you Sora. Don't forget about me, okay?" Then the portal closed and the last thing Sora saw was you disappearing into tiny balls of light.

    The moment the portal closed and you were the last thing hes seen, Sora finds himself at the shore of Destiny Islands. His hand was still outstretched, as if to grab something. Until he realized you no longer stood in front of him. His hand was slowly brought down to his side as he stared blankly at the sunset before him. He ignored the steps approaching him from the side, he ignored the feeling of being embraced with arms wrapped around him, he ignored the sound of cheering around him. Nothing else really mattered.

    Nothing but you mattered.

---

Yeahh...angst EVERYWHERE! It'll get somewhat better eventually.