Interesting

Harper

When class was finally over, I was the first to leave. I have english next so I was happy about that.

Unlike other teachers, this one is the best. I pushed past the crowded hallways and strolled into the class. This time, taking a seat in the middle.

I smiled at Miss Jane and she returned it. I pulled out my book from my bag and started reading, just to passe time while I wait for the class to start.

The chair next to me was pulled out and Nick sat down. I grinned, glad that I'm not alone in this class.

Nick has always been a good friend of mine, since as long as I can remember. We practically grew up together. Well, him, Nicole and I. It's basically just been us three. I have other friends too but I'm closer with them.

You'd think that because we're a trio, and because they're twins, that someone would always feel left out, but that's not the case for us. They always find a way to include me and vice versa.

And there is certainly not any kind of romance between him and I, our friendship is what you could call platonic.

Sort of.

He's annoying.

But I still put up with him.

"Hey." he said.

"Hi." I said back. He crossed his legs and placed them on the desk. I grimaced, due to the fact that he got dirt on the desk.

Ew.

"Is it true?" he whispered and I frowned, confused.

"Is what true?" I asked.

"That Ace sat next to you in class." he stated as if it were obvious. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. How the fuck so you know that?" I said, he shrugged.

"People talk." he said, I groaned.

Wait. What the fuck?

How does word get around that fast. It was just less than an hour ago.

Oh my god.

"It wasn't even that big of a deal, he just sat beside me." I exclaimed annoyed. He only laughed.

"Dude, this is big. He barely even goes to class." he said. I propped my arms on the desk and buried my face in them.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"I would die if he even looked at me." he said, I laughed.

"Okay." I told him, earning a glare.

"We've been going to the same school as him our entire lives, what makes this any different?" I said nonchalantly, he shook his head.

"He sat beside you and didn't fucking kill you, that's what." he muttered. I rolled my eyes for the like millionth time today.

"There was no where else for him to sit." I reasoned, that was actually a lie because there was four empty seats for him to choose from.

"Sure." he said unconvinced. I laughed and turned my attention back to the teacher as she started the class.

"Nerd." I heard him mumble and I kicked his foot from under the desk.

He laughed and took out his phone, completely ignoring what the teacher was saying, I gave him a disapproving look to which he only stuck his tongue out at me childishly.

Idiot.

Though, I can't judge. I do the same.

"Weirdo." I shot back as miss Jane walked around the class, handing out text books. She gave us an amused smile and she handed us ours.