Shopping

Harper

Christmas was in two days, the party was tomorrow and I was at the mall, yes all by myself. No Ace today, he had work to do as usual.

So I spent my time going to various stores, I bought tons of things for myself, hashtag retail therapy equals self care, gifts for my mom, Elliot and the twins. I even got something for Grey.

But now I was busy browsing the men's clothing section, looking for something for Ace. I was looking for something in particular and I'm sure he'd find it funny.

I was on the edge of giving up because I've been here for a whole hour and no luck. I groaned and continued looking through this section.

Then, I spotted a t shirt with an ugly design on it and immediately shoved it away, scrunching my face up in distaste.

Who even designed these?

I shook my head and decided to check out another store. I went to the cashier and he scanned the items I bought for myself. I paid and he handed me the bag with my stuff in it. I exited the store and entered another one.

I walked through the aisle and something caught my attention. It was a t shirt, this time with a better design, with a cat on it.

Just what I was looking for.

I grabbed it and checked the price tag, just to be safe, and I was relieved that it wasn't too pricey.

Thank god.

I smiled and brought it over to the cashier, Ace was going to love it.

Now, he might not seem to like Jelly but deep down I know he secretly does. Her on the other hand, doesn't like him. She's comfortable with me though, obviously.

I caught him trying to pet her the other day and she hissed at him. It was hilarious.

I paid for the shirt and left the store. I walked passed the food court and now I was hungry.

Shouldn't have done that.

I pushed away my appetite, reminding myself that I have food at home and made my way to another store.

The jewelry store.

I had ordered a customized ring with my initials carved into it and a silver chain for him. It's supposed to be ready for me to pick up. That jewelry store made customized jewelry.

I thought it'd be cute to give that to him as a gift since I have his ring on a chain around my neck.

We would be matching.

I walked into the store and went up to the front desk. The lady smiled, I returned it.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up an order."

"Name?"

"Harper Santos." she nodded and got up, going to the back. She came back and handed me the small package.

"Thank you." I said and walked out of the store before I could look at anything. Me being me, I knew I'd probably see something and buy it.