Gone

Harper

I looked at the contact name, silently hoping that it was him but was even more disappointed when it wasn't his voice that spoke as I picked up.

It was Nick.

"Yo! I'm driving to your house right now." I was confused.

I squinted my eyes slightly due to the fact that I just woke up and was so not for it right now. My mood was completely ruined.

"Why?"

"Wow. Someone's mad. Who hurt you today?" I sighed.

"Never mind. What's up?"

"Okay... weird. You better tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing. I swear it." he hesitated.

"Well, I'm dropping by your place because I miss your annoying ass and Nicole went off with Grey so I need someone to bother." that made me laugh.

"Okay. Sure. Thanks for the heads up."

"I'll be there in fifteen!" and with that, he hung up. I shook my head in amusement and got out of bed.

Since Ace wasn't there this morning and he didn't pick me up, once again.

Thank god for Nick.

On the other hand though, I was mad. Mad at Ace for leaving after we had spent the night together.

Geez, I make it sound like we slept together. Well, we kind of did.

But I thought that we had a good time. You know, just talking, kissing, him telling me that I make him feel a type of way. Me telling him the feeling was mutual. I read to him until he fell asleep.

And then the guy leaves.

Asshole.

I was actually really really really annoyed with him.

How could he just leave? Again.

I'm so stupid for falling for his words. I'm too naive for my own good and I hate it.

I hate him.

No I don't but to make it sound more dramatic, let's just say I do.

I pushed the thought of Ace out of my mind and headed into my bathroom to get ready.

When I was done doing my business and all, I got out and picked my outfit for today, a floral slip dress that reached to my mid thighs, a white long sleeved shirt to go under it and I put on my converse to match with that. I brushed my hair left it down like always.

I then put on a few rings and the chain that Ace had given me, despite the fact that I'm mad at him, I still really like the chain.

I grabbed my phone and everything I needed for school and put those into my bag. Walking out of my room, the sound of my brother coughing madly caught my ears.

I should go check on him.

I knocked on his door and heard a meek 'come in' so I opened the door. He was laying on his bed, looking as pale as snow white, bundled in a thick blanket. He looked both comfortable and extremely sick.

I cautiously sat down next to him, he glanced at me.

"Hey buddy, how are you feeling?"

"I'm going to puke." I immediacy got up. He managed a small smile, "Kidding." I playfully rolled my eyes and sat back down.

"Mom said I have to stay home and later Amelia is going to come see me." he said.

"You know, maybe it's best if she doesn't come over, you might get her sick." he frowned.