One last time

Harper

We drove for around an hour and I wanted to go home.

I didn't bother asking where we were going as I knew he wouldn't even tell me anyways.

It was weird being in the car with him. The atmosphere around us wasn't too tense, surprisingly.

The sense of déjà vu never left the air. I busied myself by looking at the landscape as we passed through the city.

I finally mustered up the courage and dropped my alter ego and broke the silence between us, "Tell me where you're taking me."

I made sure it sounded more of a demand than a question.

His lips lifted into a faint smirk and him being him, he didn't give a response.

"Ace."

No answer.

I groaned quietly and crossed my arms over my stomach. I was starting to feel extremely uncomfortable.

"We're almost there." He finally said. I nodded, paying him no mind and looked at our surroundings, trying to guess where we were headed, racking my brain for any clues.

To no avail, I stopped and just let him lead me to this mystery.

"Close your eyes." He demanded, I gave him an incredulous look but did as he said despite not exactly trusting him.

I placed my hand over my eyes just in case I had the sudden urge to open them.

I felt him park the car and I heard him step out, shutting the door. I thought he left me in here until he opened my door and helped me out.

He placed his hand in my free one and led me away from the car, I think.

"You can look now." I immediately moved my hand from my eyes and they instantly widened.

I was standing directly in front of the most beautiful bookstore I have ever seen in my entire seventeen years of existing in this lifetime.

My mind literally stopped working for a good thirty seconds.

A huge smile made its way to my face and I slowly entered the building. He trailed after me.

I knew why he did this. He really knew how to make me smile.

My heart melted despite how heartbroken I've been feeling.

I felt his gaze on me and my smile faltered slightly.

His eyes flashed with something as his gaze bore into mine.

I sighed, breaking the eye contact and walked through the endless bookshelves.

I was looking for one section in particular, the romance section, my favourite.

He followed me there, making sure to give me space.

I missed the feeling I got when he'd hold my hand.

I missed him.

I ran my hand across the various spines of books, reading each title carefully.

There were different editions of all my favourite books.

I was truly in love, maybe even more than how I felt for him.

It was getting on my nerves, everything always circled back to him.

I'd think of something that had literally nothing to do with him and somehow, he'd find a way into my mind.