Date

Harper

I was on the verge of tears.

Not happy ones nor sad.

You know when you're so frustrated that you want to cry, we'll that's how I felt right now.

Ace had the fucking audacity to ask me on a date, but didn't tell me what kind of date it was! Was it casual or fancy? And of course, him being him, he didn't tell me where we are going either.

So now I'm here, standing in front of my closet, debating whether or not I should even go to this date with him.

I didn't know what to wear.

I groaned for the thousandth time in the past hour.

I'm home alone, mom and Elliot went grocery shopping so I couldn't ask them for any advice.

I should call someone. Nick and Nicole. I haven't hung out with them in a while, which I do feel bad about but I know they understand me when I go MIA for a bit.

To them, it's normal.

I was grateful for friends like them.

They just didn't know about what I had tried to do, I'll tell them at some point, when I'm ready.

I dialled Nick's number. It rang for two seconds before he picked up.

"Yo! Harper!"

"Hey!"

"What's up?" I heard Nicole in the background throw a shoe at him. For what reason, I don't know, I laughed.

"I miss you guys." he chuckled.

"We miss you too, we'll I don't but yeah."

"Sure."

"So? How are you?"

"Pretty good, you?"

"Amazing! I can't wait to tell you about the date I went on with Cindy!" I gasped.

"Yes you have to oh and speaking of dates-"

"Yes! That bitch finally asked you out!" How does he know that?

"Ace?"

"Who else." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes he did, he asked me out, finally." I heard a squeal, Nicole.

"Harper! We'll be over in ten!" she said and hung up. I smiled to myself and put down my phone, only for to ring.

I frowned not recognizing the number and declined the call.

Weird.

Probably just a prank or something.

Sighing, I flopped down on my bed, exhausted. I've been stressing myself for the past few days, because this was my first date with Ace.

I've been thinking about all worst case scenarios of what could happen. What if he decides I'm too awkward? What if he gets up and leaves? What if this. What if that.

My mind was going crazy and it was all his fault.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to this but as a normal person would be when the person you like asked you on a date, I was nervous.

Really nervous.

I shut my eyes for a second and reminded myself that it'll be just fine. Ace asked me on a date, it's not that big of a deal. It's just a date.

Calm down.

I broke out of my thoughts as my door opened and Nick and Nicole barged in. This isn't weird, they have a key to my house and have done this many times before.