Thoughts

Ace

I watched her as she sat at that table with her friends, laughing, smiling. I liked her smile. It was very pretty.

And so was she.

Her smile could brighten an entire room. But something about it didn't seem as genuine. When she was really smiling, you could tell by the fact that her eyes lit up.

But that didn't happen often.

I caught her a couple times, smiling genuinely, but this particular memory flashed in my mind. It was last year, she was in the library and didn't see me come in, she was reading something and I guess it must've been funny because she laughed and smiled, the most breathtaking smile ever.

Her laugh was pretty too.

But one thing I noticed about her was that she only smiled genuinely when she was alone. Or at least when she thought she was.

I shook away those thoughts as I realized that I was staring too long and and I saw that she was now staring at me. I immediately looked away, keeping a blank expression.

The bell rang and I noticed they all got up and started to walk out of the cafeteria. I nodded and Grey and the others to follow and we trailed after them.

They were headed towards the gym and I also had gym next. I contemplated wether or not I should go. Usually I wouldn't because she rarely even went to that class.

She avoided it like the plague.

But I decided I'd go today.

I went into the changing room and changed quickly and walked into the gym. She was sitting on the bleachers with her friends and didn't notice me.

She rarely did.

But that was about to change.

Something about her just makes me want to know more about her.

I looked over at Grey and he was staring longingly at her friend, I don't know her name, I think it was Nicole? Or something like that. They've been on and off for as long as I can remember.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You good?" I asked, he nodded absentmindedly and continued staring at her.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone as I felt it vibrate in my pocket. I checked the message and put it away.

When I looked up again she was staring at me, she immediately looked away and said something to her friend Nicole. They both laughed.

I smirked faintly and glanced back at Grey. Soon enough, the class started. The teacher explained that we would be doing laps around the running track. I groaned quietly and followed everyone else outside.

The whistle was blown and from the corner of my eye, I saw her clearly wanting to leave. I knew for a fact that she hated this.

And when we started jogging, she reluctantly followed her friends. It was amusing to watch.

She was amusing.

She left her hair down so when she ran it blew around with the wind and I liked how it did.

It was clear she didn't know how she caught everyone's attention, including mine. She was beautiful and you'd be stupid not to see that.

But maybe she didn't even see that in herself.

"Why are you looking at her like that?" Grey asked from beside me. I turned my attention towards him.

"Who?" I said.