Confession

Harper

I suddenly felt very hungry. I haven't eaten since this morning.

I was too occupied, stressing about asking him out—amongst other things—to think about food.

"Hungry?" He asked. I nodded.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"How do you know?"

Does he have like magic powers?

"I just do."

"Are you telepathic?" I said.

"Yes." I laughed at his response.

"What am I thinking about right now?" I challenged.

"Me."

Correct.

"False. I'm thinking about food." I said, earning an eye roll from him.

"Food over me?"

"Any day."

He shot me a glare to which I smiled sweetly at him.

"Fuck-"

"Me." I cut him off. His lips formed into a deep smirk.

"I already did." I fought back a smile and looked away from him, hiding the blush on my face.

"I hate you." I love you.

"You don't."

"Two false statements in a row, impressive." Chuckling, he shook his head in amusement.

"Whatever you say baby."

He glanced away from me and scanned the area around us.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

He nodded towards a fancy looking pizza place on the other side of the road, silently asking if I wanted to go.

"Yes." I said instantly. I pulled him up with me and dragged him with me as I safely crossed the road.

We passed a garbage can and I threw our drinks away as we were finished.

We headed to the pizza place and went inside. Since I didn't bring my glasses or wear any contacts and the words on menu were very petite, I couldn't see what it said.

"Don't worry, I got it." he said, placing his hand on the small of my back, guiding me to the front counter.

He ordered for us and they handed him two medium sized boxes of pizza and wait— A bottle of wine?

Huh?

I gently nudged his arm as we exited the restaurant, "What is that for?"

"Drinking?"

No shit.

"We're not twenty one." I said as if I had never been to a club and gotten drunk.

"So?"

"So... it's wine and we can't drink." He shrugged.

"We can."

"It's illegal."

"Oh well. Guess you're going to jail with me." He said.

"No, I am not going to jail. You are but not me. I'm not stepping foot in there. I don't want to wear an ugly orange jumpsuit and be stuck with you." I groaned.

"You make it seem like hell, it's not that bad Harper." I was about to say something back but my mind registered his words. My eyes widened.

"You've been to jail?" he nodded once, seeming a little ashamed by this, "Why?"