Fight

Harper

We walked towards an old looking door and he opened it, revealing a flight of stairs that led downstairs. It was unreasonably dark down there and loud music could be heard. He grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, gesturing me to follow him as he headed that way.

I reluctantly followed and crossed my arms over my chest.

Once we made it, there was a few groups of people here and there. I noticed that there was a fighting ring right in the middle and I now realized where we were.

The skull.

People talked about it everywhere and supposedly it was an underground club where you could place bets and watch people fight. I just didn't know that Ace was doing the fighting. I should've though.

I've never really wanted to come near here but now here I am.

He guided me to a secluded area and I saw Grey, some other random people and more of his other friends that I recognized from school.

Grey mocked a salute and smiled at me. His other arm was around someone's shoulder, but they were blocked from my sight. I went over to them and was ready to throw hands until I realized it was Nicole. Wait what?

She smiled at me sheepishly as I gave her a confused look.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I could say the same about you." I laughed and told her Ace dragged me here.

It seemed like she already knew about this place due to the fact that she wasn't as shocked and scared as me. She probably comes here often with Grey.

I offered Grey a small smile, I still don't trust him.

Ace wrapped his arm around my waist and I held on to his arm, intertwining our hands together, I felt a lot safer.

"Are you okay?" I nodded

"I promise, we won't be here for long." he told me, kissing my head.

"Thank you because I'd rather be in my bed right now." he chuckled and rubbed my hip.

"You'll be fine. Grey will be with you."

"That makes me feel so much better!" I said, note the sarcasm. He rolled his eyes.

"As long as you keep my chain around your neck and stay with him no one can hurt you."

Oh yeah, the very cute chain and ring he made me wear with no explanation why.

"What's with the chain?"

"See this." he said, holding the ring up, pointing at the initials. I nodded.

"It means you're under my protection." wow. I was confused but felt oddly calm and safe knowing that.

"If anyone tries anything and they see this on you. They'll know who they're dealing with."

"So people are going to hurt me."

"No."

"But you said-"

"I'll kill them before they can." I gasped.

"What? This is the life I live. Are you going to run away now?"

"No. I'll walk." I said jokingly. He smirked and squeezed me tightly.

Some people were looking at me weirdly and I was now even more self conscious than before. There was a girl in a short dress glaring daggers at me or more like Ace's arm that was around my waist. I just stared back at her blankly while Ace focused his attention on me not noticing her.