Drivers license

Harper

I think I'm going to die.

Of happiness.

Oh my gosh.

I did it!

I got my license! Finally. And it was all thanks to me, well and Ace.

Hard work pays off.

I had a stupid smile on my face while holding the certificate.

I was in the car with my mom and she pulled up to our house. Immediately rushing out, I headed inside and went to my room. I grabbed my phone that was sitting on my nightstand. I wanted to call him and tell him the news.

But as if telepathically he knew what I was thinking, my phone rang. I smiled, his contact name flashed on my screen.

Excited, I picked up.

"Ace! Guess what?" Instead of a coherent response form him, I heard his ragged breathing.

Worry arose inside of me.

"Ace?" he cursed under his breath, "Is everything okay?"

"Harper." he breathed out. His voice was raspy and hoarse.

"What's wrong?" I said worriedly.

"Help me."

"Where are you?"

"Outside the club on sixth street." he muttered. I was both anxious and confused.

"What?"

What is he even doing there? Is he alright?

"I'll be there in ten. Do you need me to stay on call?"

"Yeah."

"Are you hurt?" I asked, exiting my room and going back downstairs. He didn't respond, making me even more worried.

My mom was sitting in the living room on the couch, watching tv. She paused and looked at me.

"Harper? Why are you-"

"Can I take the car?"

"Yes, why?"

"Emergency." I grabbed the keys from the key holder by the door.

"What's going on?" Not having enough time to answer her, I rushed outside and shut the door. I got in the car and instantly drove off.

My skills are finally being put to use. Speed is my best friend and driving is my passion.

"What did you want to tell me earlier?" he asked.

"Oh I just wanted to tell you that I got my license!" I said, trying my best to sound as if there was nothing wrong.

"You did?"

"Yes, isn't that cool?"

"It is. I'm proud of you baby." butterflies fluttered in my stomach and chest.

"Thank you. Now I won't need you to drive me everywhere." he scoffed then started coughing but he was trying to mask it with a laugh.

I had an uneasy feeling.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I didn't believe him.

"I'm almost there."

"I'll still drive you whether you like it or not. You're stuck with me."

I frowned, stopping at the red light. Oh my gosh, I wanted to just go but there was a car in front of me.