Loved and lost

Harper

"Is it better to have loved and lost than to never to have loved at all?" A question once asked by Alfred Lord Tennyson.

And now, it has been weighing on everyone's mind—or to be more specific, everyone who has ever loved and lost, including myself.

Some would say, "Yes" while others might say "No." So basically, the riddle is unsolvable. Alas, it'll remain that way.

However, from what I have learned throughout my seventeen years of existence, I can tell you that it is in fact better to have loved and lost.

Love is a privilege. A dream that only becomes reality for few. It's a rare occurrence, an experience that is different for everybody who gets the honour of having it in their lives and to find something as beautiful as love, true love, is extremely difficult.

Sure, when things fall apart and hearts get shattered to pieces, one might say that it isn't worth it. That's understandable.

The pain that followed love is ugly, messy and unnecessary but to have the opportunity to have it, to feel it, to hold it in your grasp or to even get a mere glimpse of it in the first place is a true gift.

Love is beautifully dangerous.

It's like a wild rose.

When you see a wild rose, you reach to get ahold of it; it's very pretty.

But as soon as you hold it, the thorns draw blood from your hands.

Love seemed like a fairytale but ended up being a tragedy in the end.

Nonetheless, I was grateful for being blessed with the opportunity to fall in love.

I was thankful for loving him.

He may have killed the life inside of me but I would forever be happy to have gotten a glimpse of what could have been true love.

Our love story might not have a happily ever after and I was okay with that.

The stupid part of me thought that the reason we don't have our happy ending because our tale simply isn't finished yet.

After all, that couldn't be it.

That couldn't have been the end.

Perhaps we'd get a sequel?

I hated how it all turned out. There was no way that was how we broke up.

After everything we've been through together.

I don't believe it's really over.

It was simply impossible that all the love I had for him was not enough.

I think this was just a storm. Only time could tell how long it ought to endure.

There was just a change in the current.

Soon enough, fate would bring us back together like it always has.

Though, the other part of me—the intelligent side, thought otherwise.

I'm thinking irrationally. I'm sugar coating everything.

He wasn't coming back.

The look in his eyes told me all I needed to know.

He felt nothing for me than pure lust. He didn't intend to be with me forever.

He wanted one thing and he got it. He wanted my heart and once it was fully his, he walked away.