Again

Harper

I headed to my next class with Ace. It was the last day before school ended for winter break and I was more than happy.

Today was the day I was going to ask him on a date.

I was so nervous even though I already had everything planned out.

I was going to take him ice skating downtown and then we're going to go eat at a restaurant that I picked.

And I had a surprise for him.

It's going to be perfect.

Well, that's if he says yes.

"Baby?" he spoke quietly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"I asked if you were alright."

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." he raised an eyebrow at me.

"You've been acting weird lately, what's wrong?" I'm going to ask you out today.

"Nothing's wrong, I promise."

"If there's some-" I quickly grabbed his face and pressed my lips against his.

"Everything's fine. It's perfect actually." he seemed satisfied with my response. I looped my arm in his and led him to class. We found seats at the back just as the bell rang.

We had one more exam today and then the stress is over!

The teacher placed the tests on each of our desks and told us we could start. I took in a deep breath and got started.

It wasn't so bad. I studied with Ace a lot these past few days so I'm pretty confident about this.

No, we only studied.

I was deep in concentration and tried my best to not mess up. My entire future depended on this.

I can do this.

I seriously want to fight whoever invented these exams. No I wanted to fight the person who invented schools.

Shaking my head at my own thoughts, I focused on my work and soon enough the time was up. The teacher collected our exams and I couldn't be more stressed.

I think I did okay but you never know.

"Harper."

"Yes."

"Let's go?"

"Oh yeah sorry."

We walked out of the class, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. People looked at us but didn't say anything.

Weirdos.

We made our way to the cafeteria for lunch. Grey, Nick and Nicole were already seated at our table. I smiled and we sat down.

"You got any food?" Nick asked.

"Yes." I took out the food I brought for lunch, knowing he usually forgets. He grabbed the sandwich I made and started eating. I also packed something for Ace, I gave it to him.

"Thank you," he said quietly.

"You're welcome." I took a bite of my sandwich and listened to what Nick was saying.

"Okay daily lunch convo has started, if you ever sold feet pics, how much would you sell them for?" he asked.

Grey and Ace looked at each other, and I bet they were thinking'why are we sitting with these bitches'. They're going to have to get used to it. Nick always has weird topics to discuss.