Chapter 21

Adarsh and Kunj tightly hugged Manik and consoled him. Adarsh was angry with him but he right now just wanted to calm him down. Little bruising was visible on his face. Adarsh- Kunj go get some ice for him. I will take him to his room.
Kunj just nodded and turned to get the ice while Adarsh started guiding Manik towards room. But all stopped due to loud angry voice.
Abhi- What's going on?
All stopped in their tracks and turned towards him. Adarsh unconsciously moved Manik behind him.
Abhi came right in front of them before speaking again- I asked what's going on?
Adarsh- Abhi I was just taking him to room.
Abhi- did I asked or allowed him to move?
(Then looking at Kunj) who asked you to come out of the room?
Kunj- Sorry bhai.. I . I.... Just bhai actually...
Abhi- Stop and go to your room.
Kunj ran to his room to scared to do or say anything else.
Abhi then turning to Adarsh- Did you find something in his room?
Adarsh- No bhai.. There is nothing in it..
Abhi nodded at that in acknowledgement and then ordered Manik- Manik go to my room. I will be there soon.
Manik- yes sir.
Saying that he went to the said room scared of what might happen.
Adarsh- Abhi kya soch raha hai.. Aapne room mein bheja hai kya aur punish karega kya?
Abhi- punish to ab karunga... Abhi tak kahan kiya hai..
Saying he looked at the packet in his hand which took Adarsh notice also.
Adarsh- ye kya hai?
Abhi just gave him the packet on opening which Adarsh found many packs of cigarettes and a thin cane. Adarsh expressions were that of horrified...
Adarsh- ye kya?? I mean why all this?? Why the cane?? Will you use it on him? Please don't it will hurt him alot..
Abhi- Adu he need to learn and let this be the first and last lesson for him.
Saying this he started moving to his room. Adarsh after a moment moved towards him only.
Abhi- you are not coming in Adu? You stay here or go to your room.
Adarsh- I also want to come bhai.. before you punish him I want to know why he started smoking..
Abhi- I will also ask him that so I will tell you later but right now I don't want you there as it is very hard to do this if you will be there then it will be more difficult. Please try to understand.
Adarsh- you don't have to do this bhai.. you have already slapped him now maybe just ground him.
Abhi smiled a little- I know I don't have to do this but I need to do this Neal.. You go to your chotu he might be needing comfort right now.
Adarsh nodded and turned to go upstairs to
Kunj room to comfort him still worried and scared about his other brother..

In Abhi room
Manik was standing waiting for his brother cum father to come and make him pay for his deeds..
In the morning he woke up early and went out. Being stressed and worried about the last day incidents he couldn't stop himself from buying some smoke and having it.. when he came back little relaxed he was met by Adarsh bhai and Kunj. He stood little far from them as he knew the smell of smoke will be coming from his clothes and mouth. He wished to go up and clean up but because of Kunj some argument started on stupid topic of food and he got caught.. his cheek was paining.. he had been slapped before also but with this intensity and these many slap on the same cheek was for the first time. He knew more severe punishment is coming his way.. he just hope his bhai do not ignore him.
His train of thoughts was broken by the door being closed.
Abhi kept the stuff on table and pulling out the chair he sat before calling Manik in front of him- Manik tell me truthfully why you smoke and how many do you have and where is your stack?
Abhi wanted to know how addicted he was.
Manik- Bhai I...I only smoke when to stressed over something otherwise I don't even touch them. I don't have any stock I buy them as and when I really want them. But yes I do have four to five smoke at one time when needed.
He answered all the questions truthfully looking down on floor.
Abhi took sometime to digest the news. He was not now that angry as he was before.
Abhi- Manik you know smoking is not good even when you do it at the time of stress. Manik today I am not leaving you without consequences. Think of them when you next time wish to smoke.
Saying that Abhi took out the stuff and kept them in the view of Manik. Manik was confused by seeing smoke packs but scared seeing the cane.
Abhi- who h hand do you use for smoking?
Manik- right hand sir.
Abhi- ok so you will get cane on your right hand five for each year you have smoked. So how many that would be Manik?
Manik gulping down answered- twenty sir.
Abhi- so twenty strokes of cane on your right hand. Put forward your hand. Don't move it other wise one extra of each time you moved and that also on knuckles.
Manik with fear put forward his hand and Abhi brought down the cane on it. With the impact and sudden pain Manik screamed but knew better than moving it. After getting around six strokes pain was way too much and he ended up moving his hand.
After twenty strokes and two extra on knuckles Abhi threw the cane away and turned around to wipe his tears. It was painful for him to do this. Manik screams of pain and tears running down his face made him weak. He so wanted to cuddle him but still something was left. Manik was holding his hand near his chest.
Abhi turned and looked at him. He was finding it very difficult to stay angry and not cuddle him up. He took a deep breath and then got the stacks of smoke and gave it to Manik. Manik looked at them and Abhi in confusion.
Abhi without saying anything when and opened the windows and then came and sat on the chair.
Abhi- Manik start smoking. You smoke when stressed right so now I want you to smoke all these stacks. Don't stop smoking till they all are over.
Manik with terrified face looked at his brother who looked calm and not at all in the mood to make a joke.
Manik- Bhai but...
Abhi cut him in between- I don't want to hear even a single word right now. Start smoking Now..
Seeing Abhi getting angry Manik with shaky and paining hand opened one box and picking up the lighter from table started smoking. He smoked five cigarette without any trouble and few but even before box could get over tears were running down his face and he was coughing at intervals. He had never smoked more then five at a time and here he was almost getting the full box over. Abhi was looking at him.
Manik tried stopping and apologize but Abhi would stop him and ask him to countinue.
After the first box was over he sat on floor and start crying badly. His throat was paining and he was sure he could not take even a single more smoke. Words were not coming out of his mouth. It was way to dried up. His hand was also paining.
Abhi- what happened Manik still three boxes are left? Aren't you interested in smoking?
Manik- I..I am..
Then he started coughing.
Abhi immediately hold him and hugging him tightly rubbed his back. When he was fine he picked him up and made him sit on the bed and gave him water.
Abhi- I am sorry baccha that I made you smoke the box but I wanted to show you what mistake you are doing.. If few cigarettes can do this to your throat that you are not even able to speak image what will happen when you will continue smoking.. i hope this will be your last lesson... You don't wish to know what will happen if there is a next time.
Manik with rough painful voice- bhai I am Sorry.. I promise this will not be repeated.
Saying this he again went in the fit of cough and his throat was also paining.
Abhi cuddle him and rubbed his back. After sometime Abhi sat on bed with Manik cuddling him like a baby and still sobbing. Abhi was rubbing his back.
Abhi messaged Adarsh pand waited for the other two monkeys to come...

Hope you guys like it... It is a long chapter so please vote and comment...