Chapter 14

The day of the press conference

Third POV

Atlas was getting ready for the press conference and to say that he's nervous is a statement, after all in his whole industry career his history has been all white meaning he's never been in a scandal at all.

And now he's the talk of the town just because he went fishing with his dad. He also felt bad for his dad cause he (Lucas) isn't the type of person who likes attention much.

As he got in the van with much difficulty, he started his breakfast while the van's moving to the site.

At home

*Zzz...zzz...zz...z...*

Lucas was still sleeping comfortably while his son in on the way to the conference site.

Half an hour later.

*Ringringringringringringring*

.........

*Ringringringringringringring*

........

*Ringringringringringringring*

"Shut up!" He said while roughly grabbing his phone and answering. "Hello? Who is this? Don't you know it's really early? Are you from the bank or something cause I don't want any life insurance" he groggily answered.

"Lucas are you crazy?! You're supposed to be here where are you?" Juliette screamed through the phone. "Who?" He asked still gathering his life forces together. "I told you I don't want any life insurance and are you a scammer by any chance? Cause I don't remember the bank changing their way of selling their insurance, so you must be a scammer. And by the way I have no money so you chose the wrong person." As he said so he slowly went back to the dreamland.

"Did you forget about the press conference?" "Press conference? Was there such thing?" "About the scandal?!" "Um.....what?....... Oh Shit! I forgot, gi-give me 10 no 5 minutes to get ready!" Hurry up! We'll be waiting" "got it" he said as he ran to the bathroom.

You must be wondering, why does he need to attend the press. Well it's because......

Flashback to Juliette and Lucas talking on the phone. (In chapter 13)

"Hello? Is this Atlas dad?" "Yes, how can I help you?" "Well the thing is.....

I need you on the conference. It's to make thing even more believable cause you're also one of the victim to this rumour. I also respect your decision if you don't want to be on the camera as well as the public. If you need time to think then I'll give you until this afternoon at 5 P.M so please make your decision until then."

"No! I don't need to time. I'll do it" "are you sure sir?" "Yes, I am. At the end of the day it is partially my fault, so I'll take responsibility for it." "I understand, thank you for your cooperation" " I thank you as well miss manager" "oh just drop the miss manager you can call me Juliette" "oh alright then you can also call me Lucas"

End of flashback

After finishing his bath he quickly put on some formal clothes, called an uber and head straight off.

At the conference

Atlas POV

When I entered the auditorium, flashes started going off and to be honest my eyes were blinded by the lights. I sat down in the middle of the long table that's placed right in front of the reporters.

 I sat down in the middle of the long table that's placed right in front of the reporters

Reporter 1: how do you feel right now?

Reporter 2: Is the rumour of you having a        male lover true or not?

Reporter 3: what are you going to say to you loyal fans whom you have lied to?

.....

I was bombarded with all those questions without letting me answer a single question.

"Please ask one by one in an orderly manner" my manager said.

I stood up and told them that I am in not dating anyone and that those rumours were all just lies. But of course they didn't believe it.

And so I told them confidently, "since not one of you believed in me I brought a witness with me today".

I gestured over to my left. And so all of the reporters pointed their cameras at the door, but no one was there. I leaned over to my manager and asked "where is the witness? Who is he anyways? Is he late?" "Sadly, yes but he's on the way here"

*5 minutes*

The reporters started to complain.

"How much longer are we gonna have to wait?" I asked "I'm not sure, he just texted me that he's close by"

*Bam*

The door opened

( That's it for today my lovely readersss see u tommorow byee! Also everytime I look at this my heart just keeps on skipping and tell me I'm not the only one

I mean just look at this. He makes me wanna drool my self!)