𝐹𝑂𝑅𝐺𝐸𝑇

EMMA CAN REMEMBER THE SMILE THAT HER MOTHER ALWAYS WORE, ESPECIALLY ON the weekends, when her father had days off

EMMA CAN REMEMBER THE SMILE THAT HER MOTHER ALWAYS WORE, ESPECIALLY ON the weekends, when her father had days off. She could remember the smile on her fathers, and the love in his eyes as they followed her mothers figure. Or how much her mother rambled, and her dad listened to every word attentively, holding onto every word. She can remember the simple spells her mother taught her, and the spells her father taught just in case anything ever went wrong.

Most of all she remember their deaths, her mother not surviving giving birth, how much blood and bodily fluids their was. She looks Lu trying to clean it, and keep her from watching it. Sophia trying to keep her from watching it. Her fathers death, which was more brutally, he blew himself up to protect them, to get Hope, Emma, Sophia and Lu to safely. Sophia dragging her to the car, as Lu help Hope in one arm, killing any walker getting to close. Lu releasing her powers.

At times she wishes she could forget, like now. She wishes she could be like Hope and not remember. Especially when she was the family pictures hung up, in the hallway. Lu had taken them down once she find them staring her.

"You miss them." Lu states finding her and Emma turns to look at her and nods. "Do you want to talk about them?" She asks her.

"How do you do it?" Emma asks her. Lu knows what's she's asking her about, her mom, how she goes on everyday.

"She'd want me to." Lu tells her softly, "I honor her everyday." She says. "They are always by your side. They never leave you. You carry them in your heart everyday." She tells her, "You and Hope both do."

"I sometimes don't want to remember." Emma tells Lu. "Because it hurts so much." She whispers, sounding scared of anyone overhearing them. "Will it go away?" She asks.

"I don't know." Lu tells her honestly, "It hasn't for me." She whispers to her.

"About this party, do I have to go?" Emma asks her and Lu looks at her softly and nods.

"Everyone's going." She tells her. Emma sighs and nods.

EMMA LOOKED AT THE PEOPLE FROM ALEXANDRIA, BEING NORMAL, HOW THE WORLD was before everything went to shit. Before her parents died, and all her friends and family, except for Hope and now Lu. Stephan had also became part of her family. Part of Emma felt the need to keep him safe, along with his siblings Ari, and Ryan.

EMMA, LU, HOPE AND THE ST.JAMES SIBLINGS ARRIVE AT DEANNA'S HOUSE, FOR the party. Theirs music playing as people chat and laugh. Lu had Hope in her arms, Emma right by her side. Emma spots part of her found family scattered around the house. The Grimes and Sophia, Mica and Carol had arrived earlier than them. Deanna walks up to them greeting them.