𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐾𝐼𝑁𝐺

LU DIDN'T EXPECT TO FIND THE PERSON STANDING IN FRONT OF HER TO BE HERE

LU DIDN'T EXPECT TO FIND THE PERSON STANDING IN FRONT OF HER TO BE HERE. SHE felt like she was dreaming. One minute she was getting breakfast started and the next there's a knock on the door and Stephan is standing right before her eyes.

This must be a dream. She thinks to herself. He actually be standing right in front of her. She must be living another hers reality, living victoriously through them. When has the universe ever really been so good to her family, enough for them to be with the person they love.

Stephan looks at her like if he is dreaming, he couldn't believe he was really here. She's standing right in front of him.

"Mom?" Emma asks behind her, she looks in front of Lu to see who has her attention. "Stephan?" She asks confused to see the man standing in front of her.

"Emma, you know what to do." Lu says, standing in front of Emma shielding her. It isn't a dream, she thinks to herself, this Stephan looking creature is real. She knew of people that could shapeshift into anyone they wanted. "You state your business and leave my property." She warns the creature who looks exactly like the man who she loves. The love of her life. Emma quickly walks upstairs to grab Hope, and lock herself in the safe room, the Rogers-Romanoff family installed.

He looks a few years older, wiser and sad. "It's me Lu." He tells her softly. The tone of voice he'd often use on her when they'd lay in bed together after a long day.

"I don't believe you." She says extending her hands out, calling her batons, ready to fight them. "Tell me something only he would know." She wouldn't put her daughters in danger, if in forty minutes she didn't reach them, Lu gave Emma very specific instructions. She would push the emergency button in the hidden room, and it would alert Steve, Yelena, and Natasha,

"I was your first real boyfriend." He tells her, "you didn't mean to fall in love, you didn't want to get involved with someone over there, you saved my brother, and me," he says.

"Anyone could tell me that," she says connecting her batons, ready to fight him.

"My grandfather you know him, the one from this universe." He tells her and she eyes him unsure. "Rob has met him, and last time we," he says indicates the last time they were together, "you got pregnant."

"He doesn't know that." She tells him.

"No, and I can't travel through worlds but I know someone who can, and so do you." He tells her. "They brought me, said it would make you happy." He doesn't tell her the entire truth. One day she would know but today she wouldn't, she couldn't know just yet. "Look, you can look at my memories to convince you." He tells her, all he wants is to hold her, and never let her go, meet his future kid, watch them grow up, be in Emma, and Hope's life. She raises her hand, keeping a healthy distance between them, blue auras come out of her hand and they make their way to Stephans head. He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes preparing for it.